Cz75 OWB holster?

MAGA99

NES Member
So I’m happy with the collection of IWB holsters I utilize for daily carry, but I’ve been loving my cz75 bed lately and I do t have a holster for it. I could get an IWB hybrid like I mostly use but I would kinda like to carry outside the belt, I give zero f***s if anyone notices, although I’d probably let my short cover it mostly.

I don’t like fully plastic holsters, I don’t like paddle releases. I’m not looking for quickest time to clear leather but I guess it’s not a horrible thing to consider.

I guess I’m already steering myself towards all leather OWB holster.....but I’m looking for input from those who have carried a 75. I carry a 19 24/7/365 so it’s not that much heavier.

Maybe I won’t like OWB, but I don’t like shitty holsters either.

Thanks for replies, funny or helpful.

No experience carrying a CZ 75 — when I carry a full size OWB (VP9) for a training class it’s always in kydex.

However, I own one of these IWB for a Shield and I like the quality a lot — seems they make one for a CZ 75, so could be an option for you…

C629CD4D-1BCC-4F4F-82FE-58E0FE049462.png

Last edited:
No experience carrying a CZ 75 — when I carry a full size OWB (VP9) for a training class it’s always in kydex.

However, I own one of these IWB for a Shield and I like the quality a lot — seems they make one for a CZ 75, so could be an option for you…

View attachment 644127
Basically that, with belt clips, is what I’m thinking. I do lots of IWB so I’m used to clip it on.

Am I wrong to discount kydex holsters??

Am I wrong to discount kydex holsters??

I’m not sure there is a correct answer —

Kydex is more prone to wear finish (if you care about that for your carry gun) versus leather that tends to retain moisture a bit more (accelerates corrosion). But leather is warm and classy — are you dressing for a BBQ or daily wear you want to be fancy pants? Go leather — all other uses as far as I’m concerned, Kydex is a better option, but that is just me.

Kydex has great retention, it’s durable and light weight — probably dozens of similar threads discussing pros/cons for holsters, but I realize your specific question was for the CZ 75 and I can’t speak to that…

I’m not sure there is a correct answer —

Kydex is more prone to wear finish (if you care about that for your carry gun) versus leather that tends to retain moisture a bit more (accelerates corrosion). But leather is warm and classy — are you dressing for a BBQ or daily wear you want to be fancy pants? Go leather — all other uses as far as I’m concerned, Kydex is a better option, but that is just me.

Kydex has great retention, it’s durable and light weight — probably dozens of similar threads discussing pros/cons for holsters, but I realize your specific question was for the CZ 75 and I can’t speak to that…
I forgot to mention, I did search and there was a similar thread from about 2013 but it gave me no guidance. I’m not big on starting new threads but here we are.

I guess I’m envisioning a premium leather holster that I do not yet know about. I’m hoping this exists??

F259FC47-EE99-4A14-9ED9-7CDA4BEF80C4.jpeg
This is how much I give a shit about my daily carry, it works. I’d like to keep the cz looking good, hence my thread.

So don’t store a metal
Gun in a leather holster....I guess that’s why that smith required attention.....

There is no such thing as an edc "looking good" after time. If you plan to carry the pistol on a regular basis, expect wear. That said, a custom leather holster from one of the major makers is an excellent solution.

And if you're open carrying in public places where people can come close to you, I strongly recommend a thumbbreak retention, unless you are willing to look down your own barrel at the Market Basket one day.

There is no such thing as an edc "looking good" after time. If you plan to carry the pistol on a regular basis, expect wear. That said, a custom leather holster from one of the major makers is an excellent solution.

And if you're open carrying in public places where people can come close to you, I strongly recommend a thumbbreak retention, unless you are willing to look down your own barrel at the Market Basket one day.
Brah, I don’t market basket. Hahaha.

That is an interesting concept though. I mainly want to OWB the cz while in friendly territory. Thumb break may kill this whole ideas, I’m not down with that.

Brah, I don’t market basket. Hahaha.

That is an interesting concept though. I mainly want to OWB the cz while in friendly territory. Thumb break may kill this whole ideas, I’m not down with that.
You will manage risk as you see fit. There's a time and place for everything, from Condition White to Condition Red. At club events I sport my barbecue pistol in its fancy holster, too. But when you're shopping at Walmart...

Back
Top Bottom