Customer Support - Buck Knives

tuna

NES Member
About 12 or so years ago, I had a Buck Ranger knife that broke. I was trying to use the tip for a can opener, screwdriver or something equally stupid. Instead of sending the knife back, I just kept it as a monument to stupidity.
Later on, I took a dremel tool to it, and turned it into a tanto style knife. The job was done pretty badly, but it was still usable.
I just bought a 110, and now decided that I needed something smaller, also.
I packed up the old Ranger knife, with a letter that stated something like, "I was a dumbass and broke my knife, I forgot what I did, but I think I voided the warranty by doing it. Also, I "fixed" the knife myself, and definately voided my warranty. Please repair my knife and send me a bill as I have no illusion that my knife is covered in any way after my dumbassness. Signed - tuna"

I just got my knife back, at no charge! I was happy about this, but wasn't exactly surprised, as many companies will honor thier warranty even if the owner / user doesn't. What surprised me was that my knife was returned less than TWO WEEKS after I sent it off! And this is MY KNIFE, not a replacement, as all the "character marks" of 15 or so years of abuse are still there.

I've never had a bad product from buck, and until now never dealt with their customer service, but I have to give credit to them. They are fast and honor thier words.

Thank you Buck Knives - you've made a loyal customer very happy.

Back
Top Bottom