• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT man arrested for unregistered "assault rifle"

Sorry, didn't see the article posted here, so even though it was older, I figured it may have been of interest to some. When I first put it up, I didn't notice the date, because it was shown as a related article to something else I read on there.

65 year old dude poppin squirrels with his AR in CT right after all the registration nonsense. wow!

Old story, What was the outcome?

Searching on the defendant's name finds plenty of online articles about the arrest, but nothing about an eventual disposition of the case.

There's a record of a real-estate transfer in Stratford, CT to someone by that name dated August 2016 so it seems unlikely that he's a guest of the state as a result.

I bet the charges were dropped in exchange for letting the police keep the rifle and the magazines. Or it turned out that the police made a mistake and the rifle really was registered.

Aren't we all pissa with the internet now, cutting and pasting and googling 'n all?

We are all journalists, investigators, and of course, lawyers.

Searching on the defendant's name finds plenty of online articles about the arrest, but nothing about an eventual disposition of the case.

There's a record of a real-estate transfer in Stratford, CT to someone by that name dated August 2016 so it seems unlikely that he's a guest of the state as a result.

I bet the charges were dropped in exchange for letting the police keep the rifle and the magazines. Or it turned out that the police made a mistake and the rifle really was registered

That case did result in a non-conviction.

Connecticut has several diversionary programs which are also available. By statute, there is a suspension of prosecution program available for relatively minor, first time assault weapon violations. (I believe that it is also available for similar magazine violations as well). Additionally there is also Accelerated Rehabilitation, which allows persons with no history of conviction (and who meet other program requirments) who successfully complete a period of probation (up to 2 years, as imposed by the court) to have the charge dismissed upon completion. After any non-conviction in Connecticut, an individual may answer, under oath, that he has never been arrested.

Back
Top Bottom