• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT Gun owners bend over, proposed AWB changes

Looked around and didn't see this posted. CT gun owners please contact your reps.

http://senatedems.ct.gov/pr/bye-121220.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sen. Bye and Rep. Godfrey‘s proposals—which will be packaged as one bill—will seek to:
Prohibit the sale and possession of any rifle, shotgun or pistol magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds;
Expand the definition of an ‘assault weapon’ under current Connecticut state law to apply to firearms which exhibit just one particular physical trait, as opposed to two (i.e., the presence of a pistol grip beneath the action of the weapon);
Require the registration with state law enforcement officials—and the biennial registration renewal—of all firearms by model and serial number;
Institute a 50-percent sales tax on the sale of ammunition and firearms magazines;
Require a permit to purchase ammunition;
Prohibit the online purchase of ammunition;
Prohibit the purchase of ammunition in Connecticut by anyone who is not legally authorized to possess a firearm in Connecticut;
Prohibit the storage of firearms and ammunition in a manner that allows access by persons under age 18.

She wants confiscation. She was supporting the attempt a few years ago at banning mags and making you turn in any you owned.

We hit this up a bit in the CT mag thread, its a few days old, but still an issue. We always get great turnout for hearings, et al, so I just push it along the normal channels and hopefully kill it before its leaves committee.

If any new laws pass this year we're going to scrap our plan and move to NH immediately. We've been planning 4 more years based on our kids and schooling, but we're already getting hosed so much down here any one thing will push us overboard. Neither my wife or I have a job that requires living here, so that's not an issue.

Last edited:
I'll be setting up a folding table at the MA/CT border on 84 for any CT residents who want to sell me their Mass Preban Mags for $5 each. If they're not Mass Pre-ban, I don't want 'em! No but seriously, fight this.

Time for Magpul to make a rifle stock that eliminates the pistol grip. Some sort of AR with a M1A1 type stock.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

ericcif said:
Time for Magpul to make a rifle stock that eliminates the pistol grip.
There used to be a few thumbhole AR15 stocks, haven't see one in a while.
I'll be setting up a folding table at the MA/CT border on 84 for any CT residents who want to sell me their Mass Preban Mags for $5 each. If they're not Mass Pre-ban, I don't want 'em! No but seriously, fight this.
I'll offer $4 for all the standard capacity magazines you pass up. If they are mass pre-ban, I don't want them.

Last edited:
There used to me a few thumbhole AR15 stocks, haven't see one in a while.

This was a technique used during the early days of the 1994-2004 federal ban, however, the BATF ruled that any AR15 style rifle was considered to have a pistol stock even if a thumbhole stock was installed.

Exile Machine already does: Hammerhead

Man that thing if fugly. [puke2]

TYPE_I.JPG

It must feel really odd to obtain proper head position for sight alignment.

Extremely fugly. I would move out of the state if that ****ing thing ever wanted to jump over the border. But seriously, a gun buyback in CT? I doubt that this will ever happen, these idiots really need to wake up and realize this won't fix shit. [rolleyes]

Extremely fugly. I would move out of the state if that ****ing thing ever wanted to jump over the border. But seriously, a gun buyback in CT? I doubt that this will ever happen, these idiots really need to wake up and realize this won't fix shit. [rolleyes]

practically exists in MA now, you lie.

"Prohibit the sale and possession of any rifle, shotgun or pistol magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds"

thats how we beat it after the Tucson shooting, doubt its going to happen this time around but we'll try.

She wants confiscation. She was supporting the attempt a few years ago at banning mags and making you turn in any you owned.

We hit this up a bit in the CT mag thread, its a few days old, but still an issue. We always get great turnout for hearings, et al, so I just push it along the normal channels and hopefully kill it before its leaves committee.

If any new laws pass this year we're going to scrap our plan and move to NH immediately. We've been planning 4 more years based on our kids and schooling, but we're already getting hosed so much down here any one thing will push us overboard. Neither my wife or I have a job that requires living here, so that's not an issue.

moving truck/trailer group buy?

We are in the middle of a mental health services crisis here in Connecticut and across America,” Sen. Bye said. “This is a serious problem which requires a serious, long-term solution. Until that solution is crafted, however, we must do everything in our power to ensure that those people who have a desire to cause harm to others cannot do so with a firearm

Amazing she can use use this to solve what she said in her quote? I'm not seeing a solution, just a loss of rights [thinking]

she sure is a looker /sarcasm

Be sure to check out her webpage. (in my best Austin Powers voice) "That's a man, baby!"

I would have expected nothing less from the state where the shooting took place. Typical amputation for a hangnail response. Funny I see nothing addressing mental health or increased security (i.e., armed guards) for the schools. I guess they need to get the important stuff out first to "protect the children."

Back
Top Bottom