• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT governor wants "grandfather clause" eliminated and existing "assault weapons" confiscated

(Sigh.) I have to laugh a bit, even at the "Nuke Boston" thread. Well, sure, greater Boston has around five million people, and some significant tech resources, especially biomed/biotech. But not factories. Those tech things are intellectual property and exist in people's brains and on servers replicated worldwide.

Versus, say, the New York Metropolitan Area, spanning from northern Noo Joizey up to where my ass is parked presently. TWENTY MILLION souls. And Joizey's infamous chem plants that make the place a stinkpot. Oh, and a bit to the east is a place called Groton. Home to a concern called General Dynamics Electric Boat. Know what they make there? Those things called nuclear submarines. Why am I thinking all of these things might make more interesting targets?

Lol.

It's off topic here, but you know these things aren't mutually exclusive, right? There are enough nukes for all and sundry. It's not like the Soviets Russians have a priority list and have to agonize over whether the sub base is worth hitting versus Faneuil Hall: they can just target both of them.

Lol.

It's off topic here, but you know these things aren't mutually exclusive, right? There are enough nukes for all and sundry. It's not like the Soviets Russians have a priority list and have to agonize over whether the sub base is worth hitting versus Faneuil Hall: they can just target both of them.
My point is to demonstrate, once again, Typical Massachusetts Parochialism. A NUCLEAR WAR... but it's all about BAHSTON.

And here we are in a thread discussing gun-grabbers IN CONNECTICUT. And it's all about Dimples the Dyke and what she may or may not do.

My point is to demonstrate, once again, Typical Massachusetts Parochialism. A NUCLEAR WAR... but it's all about BAHSTON.

And here we are in a thread discussing gun-grabbers IN CONNECTICUT. And it's all about Dimples the Dyke and what she may or may not do.

I see your point about the derail, but this isn't your first day here. You know it's a MA-centric forum. And the OP, sadly, didn't put this in the CT Laws section.

Probably should've. General Discussion threads are always open season.

I see your point about the derail, but this isn't your first day here. You know it's a MA-centric forum. And the OP, sadly, didn't put this in the CT Laws section.

Probably should've. General Discussion threads are always open season.
The name of the forum is "NEWENGLANDshooters" - and the thread was specified as pertaining to Connecticut, and as it involves firearms and firearms law, posted to General Discussion, as is proper.

You parochial Massatwoshits people MAY consider yourselves the "Hub of New England" - but the rest of us beg to differ.

The name of the forum is "NEWENGLANDshooters" - and the thread was specified as pertaining to Connecticut, and as it involves firearms and firearms law, posted to General Discussion, as is proper.

You parochial Massatwoshits people MAY consider yourselves the "Hub of New England" - but the rest of us beg to differ.
I don't have a dog in the fight other than hoping NOBODY gets any gun restrictions passed by the gov..

But comparing Connecticut to Boston is ridiculous. Boston and Massachusetts will always get more yap time than anything Connecticut. It's not a dig against Connecticut peeps it's just math reality.

Mass has almost double the population and when people are thinking where to job search for bigger paying jobs it's Boston every time over Hartford

The best thing Connecticut had going for them is Foxwoods and that is almost as hopping as a typical run down Detroit suberb

I don't have a dog in the fight other than hoping NOBODY gets any gun restrictions passed by the gov..

But comparing Connecticut to Boston is ridiculous. Boston and Massachusetts will always get more yap time than anything Connecticut. It's not a dig against Connecticut peeps it's just math reality.

Mass has almost double the population and when people are thinking where to job search for bigger paying jobs it's Boston every time over Hartford

The best thing Connecticut had going for them is Foxwoods and that is almost as hopping as a typical run down Detroit suberb
...and there it is.

Read my post about the nukes thread. Do you HONESTLY, in your HEART OF HEARTS, believe that BAHSTIN is more a target than the New York Metropolitan Area and Groton?

This thread is about CONNECTICUT LAW AND CONNECTICUT POLITICIANS.

You Massatwoshits people... need to take a sober reassessment. Know what the rest of the country (less the rest of the world) thinks about MA? Two shits. They couldn't give them.

Massachusetts is NOT New England Proxy as much as you may wish to believe it so. It isn't a Big Sister or whatever. If it were, I'd have to note it's setting a pretty shitty example.

...and there it is.

Read my post about the nukes thread. Do you HONESTLY, in your HEART OF HEARTS, believe that BAHSTIN is more a target than the New York Metropolitan Area and Groton?

You Massatwoshits people... need to take a sober reassessment. Know what the rest of the country (less the rest of the world) thinks about MA? Two shits. They couldn't give them.

Massachusetts is NOT New England Proxy as much as you may wish to believe it so. It isn't a Big Sister or whatever. If it were, I'd have to note it's setting a pretty shitty example.
I don't live in Massachusetts so your yelling at the wrong person

I tried to eloquently give you an impartial assessment and apparently failed so my apologies lol

But hold on, aren't you an Alien? Why do you care so much if this is the case?

Your not only acting like a Human but a crazy one

I tried to eloquently give you an impartial assessment and apparently failed so my apologies lol

I'll ignore the ad hominems.

Where were you born?

And here again: somebody points out, "Hey, you Ma**h***s are being parochial and elbowing into a thread that isn't about you(...)"

And your first response is to (a) defend Massatwoshits as the Hub of the Universe, and (b) resort to ad hominems.

Lol we've been hearing this same story for 20+ years. I don't really care what she "has planned" because its not going anywhere. [rofl]
Them going full retard is a good way to get slapped with a TRO suspending all enforcement until they eventually lose biggly now that SCotUS has put the 2A on the same level as the 1A.
Massachusetts people think there is no life west of newton until you get to the left coast. No life south of MV, and no life north of Merrimack unless you’re on the Maine coast, or perhaps skiing in Vt.
Tanglewood and MassMOCA

And here again: somebody points out, "Hey, you Ma**h***s are being parochial and elbowing into a thread that isn't about you(...)"

And your first response is to (a) defend Massatwoshits as the Hub of the Universe, and (b) resort to ad hominems.
I said I had no dog in the fight. I was giving you my opinion is all, and I didn't elbow my way into a thread, I responded to a thread that is open to anyone so slow it down.

I was having fun with you about the Alien thing, no need to get all defensive I mean you have posted incessantly about "You Earthlings" so many times I figured it was appropriate to joke about it

What I posted was legitimately what I think and I pointed it out, just because it doesn't apply to me doesn't mean I shouldn't post if I feel like it.

Better be right on this one or you will face the unforgiving NES ban!
Methinks drgrant is whistling as he walks past the graveyard of promised new anti-2A laws specifically intended to plug all remaining holes in existing law. Only two kinds of people should be happy about the new proposed laws being tossed around: 1) Criminals, and 2) Those who have already moved out of state or intend to do so shortly.

I said I had no dog in the fight. I was giving you my opinion is all, and I didn't elbow my way into a thread, I responded to a thread that is open to anyone so slow it down.

I was having fun with you about the Alien thing, no need to get all defensive I mean you have posted incessantly about "You Earthlings" so many times I figured it was appropriate to joke about it

What I posted was legitimately what I think and I pointed it out, just because it doesn't apply to me doesn't mean I shouldn't post if I feel like it.
You specifically made this about ME. That's what "ad hominem" means. "To the man" - it makes it personal...

...which is exactly what I'm criticizing about the response from the MA-people here. We're not discussing you or your state, at all. We're discussing Connecticut. And my criticism is that, time and again, I've seen this CliffClavenism about, well, anything... from politics to guns to, um, mountain biking. I spent just shy of four years at college in Worcester, and eighteen years as a member of a certain MTB advocacy organization. It's ALL. ABOUT. BOSTON. And people who just LUUUUV Boston simply cannot see it. I guess it's like being really stinky. You can no longer smell yourself, so it simply doesn't phase you any longer.

...and there it is.

I mean, this is the second time you've brought it up, and I let it go the first time, but check out the title of that nuke thread: it's called "Getting Out Of Boston During a Nuclear Attack."

So... why would people NOT be posting about Boston there?

More to the point, how do you know what's in that thread? You clearly went there and read it, despite the fact that you profess not to care a whit about Boston. Worse: you even mock people who do care about Boston.

And yet, you went there to... care about Boston? Maybe?

You comparing this thread to that one is unwise. They're predicated on two completely opposite propositions, in terms of what you're currently whining about here.

Back
Top Bottom