CT cops get out of state guns seized of arrested firefighter

Sounds like they got around 100 guns off the street. Or out of someones bedroom anyways... Big win.

That article makes my head explode. I have no idea what the guy did but to highlight "Unsecured" and 7 & 16 year old kids in the house is just asinine.

And yes now they will simply kick in the door of every property you own and take your shit. Remember that, have your friends on speed dial.

Wonder what they accuse him of doing, they charged him with A LOT of counts. Glad they are waiting for due process and a trial to decide the facts before they run and take someones property. [hmmm]

Ammo hoarder

image_zpsa0af9e54.jpg

Wonder what they accuse him of doing, they charged him with A LOT of counts. Glad they are waiting for due process and a trial to decide the facts before they run and take someones property. [hmmm]

Gotta love Civil forfeiture laws. What a crock of bs.

Did this guy actually commit a crime or have a criminal background?

They could be empty for all we know. But they look good for the scare the sheep picture.

But we know they aren't... Poor dude. Man after my own heart. How come we don't see more hauls like this from wife beating cops?

I am continually amazed at how we vilify the MSM for not getting it right, make up scenarios as to why people get arrested and frequently blame the victim (not in this case).

There is simply not enough information to make an accurate assessment of the situation. This is compounded by the fact the police were responding to a domestic situation which puts them on edge anyway, and more importantly we don't know what the complainant told the police. The press will sensationalize anything to do with guns esp the CT press and the CT police.

I'd like to know the exact circumstances before I rush to judgement.

I am continually amazed at how we vilify the MSM for not getting it right, make up scenarios as to why people get arrested and frequently blame the victim (not in this case).

There is simply not enough information to make an accurate assessment of the situation. This is compounded by the fact the police were responding to a domestic situation which puts them on edge anyway, and more importantly we don't know what the complainant told the police. The press will sensationalize anything to do with guns esp the CT press and the CT police.

I'd like to know the exact circumstances before I rush to judgement.

It was a domestic. He was arrested. That means they need to round up his guns from around the country?

He sounds a touch careless with his storage practices but it can't be all bad, I mean his kids didn't go kill anyone did they now? Must have at least spoken to and/or taught them how to respect firearms. Maybe his wife was setting him up and he was throwing his $hit on the bed to pack it up when she inevitably called the cops. Maybe he did abuse her and, if CT is like MA, a restraining order means bye bye guns. Cannot form an educated decision until the true facts are known.

what I don't get is how little/few facts the MSM has in respect to this case but boy oh boy did they get the money shot (different type fellas) to scare the sheeple. I think I've heard the term before... Propaganda sound about right?

It was a domestic. He was arrested. That means they need to round up his guns from around the country?

We are basing our information on one news report and one press release. Not enough info and again we don't know what the complainant alleges. It might be an egregious miscarriage of justice, an overstepping of his rights or not. We also may have a slightly nuanced bias towards the accused because we know that a complainant in a domestic is frequently portrayed as vindictive and out to get the guy by getting his guns.

At this point I don't know what the story is or the connection to South Carolina. There is a possibility that there could be more charges pending totally unrelated to the domestic.

what was this man planning? who needs this many guns/ammo? why aren't there reasonable limits? what was the word a few years ago? weapon hoard/stockpile/cache?

i'm guessing that was sarcasm---i'm damn jealous of his inventory and i'm not planning anything

My favorite line from any story involving public sector employees.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Why should they suspend him without pay... why should they suspend him to begin with?

On the flip side... if he is found guilty, he forfeits his pension for a non-occupational incident.

That article makes my head explode. I have no idea what the guy did but to highlight "Unsecured" and 7 & 16 year old kids in the house is just asinine.

And yes now they will simply kick in the door of every property you own and take your shit. Remember that, have your friends on speed dial.

Yes, too little info here to really know what happened.

However, thanks to Sen. Frank Lautenberg . . . any domestic violence restraining order REQUIRES (federally) that the confiscation be done. In MA it is the 209A RO, but each state is required to create a similar law and take the same action. And yes, that means confiscating whatever the person owned in other states as well.

I don't agree with how it is used/abused and implemented but it is the law currently and I advise my students about it so that they are fully aware of these consequences.

Wait, so I get locked up on a BS domestic charge in CT & they would be required to seize my guns in my AZ winter home? Wtf am I going to do? Fly there and fly back with it? Have someone fed ex it to me overnight? Stupid

Wait, so I get locked up on a BS domestic charge in CT & they would be required to seize my guns in my AZ winter home? Wtf am I going to do? Fly there and fly back with it? Have someone fed ex it to me overnight? Stupid

Did you ever watch/listen to one of Frank Lautenberg's rants? That would answer your question.

More police [STRIKE=undefined]insanity[/STRIKE] stupidity. The new crime in America: Being a legitimate, licensed gun owner/collector.
FIFY

The irony? Could they actually arrest you after a day at the range, and you have several guns "lying around" "risking injury to a minor" waiting to be cleaned? What horseshit...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, too little info here to really know what happened.

However, thanks to Sen. Frank Lautenberg . . . any domestic violence restraining order REQUIRES (federally) that the confiscation be done. In MA it is the 209A RO, but each state is required to create a similar law and take the same action. And yes, that means confiscating whatever the person owned in other states as well.

I don't agree with how it is used/abused and implemented but it is the law currently and I advise my students about it so that they are fully [STRIKE=undefined]aware[/STRIKE] paranoid of these consequences.

FIFY

i'm guessing that was sarcasm---i'm damn jealous of his inventory and i'm not planning anything
Not a bad collection so far... but I'd have to see the whole thing before passing judgement. [wink]

Seriously, this particular one disturbs me even more than the Methuen one, even though this one wasn't in Taxachusetts. I guess it's the fact that this guy apparently has at least a 17-year gun owning/gun collecting/perfectly law abiding history... and in that time has amassed a fairly valuable collection for himself. Now it is gone in a flash, probably because he had some stupid, nonsensical argument with his wife that neither of them can probably now remember what it was even about.

There but for the grace of God go any of us. That's all it takes. One momentary lapse, one angry wife or girlfriend... and your life can be ruined faster than you can say Jack Robinson. [thinking]

Why should they suspend him without pay... why should they suspend him to begin with?

On the flip side... if he is found guilty, he forfeits his pension for a non-occupational incident.

That's kind of the point isn't? Pick one either suspend him or don't, if someone in the dreaded private sector gets suspended they generally don't get paid but that is never the case in the public sector.

Last edited:

Name one private sector job that will continue to pay you while in jail unable to make bail.

His bail is set at $500K, which is on the high end for a domestic case. He has obviously been advised that bail revision is dependent on his "cooperation" in "voluntarily" arranging surrender of his out of state guns.

Back
Top Bottom