cryovac butcher?? Food saver contraption?

So I got to thinking.. This year more so then any other year I have 4 deer tags 2 buck and 2 doe... In years past I often will pass up on smaller bucks and does and often would be able to take 4 deer. I do this basically because I don't need that much meat..

However I am a stay at home dad and we are on a tighter budget now. So iwas thinking if I found a butcher that actually will cryovac my deer after the first one and I wouldent have to worry about spoliage that would be awesome!

Does anyone know of a butcher that offers this..

If not I have always heard very mixed reviews on these food saver.. Home vacume packers to say the least.

But anyone who has experience with one would love to here from you as well!

Thanks!

I vacuum seal all the meat. It's great and lasts over about a year. I butcher it myself though. I would suspect there aren't butchers out there that do this because it is a timely process. If you do end up doing it take your time and break it up into portion sizes.

don't know about a butcher that offers that, but i own a food saver and it works amazing, you can even marinate in the bag and freeze it. also makes it easier to stack items in the freezer. bags come in rolls, so you can tailor the bag to the size of the meat.

i have a food saver. while i don't do any butching, i do store mostly my jerky in vacuum bags. had it for a number of years (since 2007 i think) and never had any real problems with it.
just make sure if you vacuum meet with some bone in it, that said bone isn't sharp or protrudes oytside the meat slab, otherwise it will puncture the bag and vacuum seal will be lost.
another one is price of damn bagging plastic, it shouldn't cost as much as it does, being just plastic. i did use LDPE sheets on few occasions when i ran out of bags, and it worked well enough.

I vacuum seal all the meat. It's great and lasts over about a year. I butcher it myself though. I would suspect there aren't butchers out there that do this because it is a timely process. If you do end up doing it take your time and break it up into portion sizes.

Same here. With heavy use a home vacuum sealer will last a few years.

When my hunting crew went to NC every year we'd bring a ton of venison back and we had a local butcher do the cutting at a buddy's house while a few of us took the various cuts and vacuum sealed them. We'd then split it equally no matter who got how many deer.

If you seal the cuts properly they will last in a freezer for a couple of years. Best investment I ever made.

So there is someone! Spencer is a bit of a drive though. The trip out may pay for the food saver.. It appears this may be the way to go... I will look into pricing on both if I have some research.. If anyone else knows a butcher let me know! Or anyone with a model sudgestion on the food saver!
Thank you!

Ok so I think. i am sold on the food saver plus there are a few on craigslist. So any help with what ones you guys are using! Who would have thunk there's like ten models lol

We have a food saver that gets used daily, my wife vacu-pacs everything. She vacu-pacs mason jars of sugar, flour, spices, baking ingredients, etc. I suggest getting the heavyist duty one you can afford. (is heavyist even a word LOL) The mason jar attachment is very handy also.

Back
Top Bottom