• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crossbreed Supertuck or other holster

Sounds like they have clip problems. Are these plastic clips? Maybe if they switch to metal, they will have better luck.
The clips are plastic. The problem is not necessarily the material. Comp-Tac's clips are kydex too and they last forever.

Supertucks are a piss poor design all around. Once you try a truly well made holster, the shortcomings of Crossbreeds are painfully evident.

T
hird, the molding of the plastic is not only too small like I said above but when I did try a .38 spl. J frame which would fully seat, the top of the plastic actually has a "lip" which jumps over the back on the cylinder holding the gun in. Drawing the gun is once again all but impossible b/c of this "lip". I am not sure if this is bad molding or intended design.
I found the same exact problem with mine (for a Model 65). The lip that catches on the cylinder to "retain" the gun makes it a struggle to draw cleanly and it is clearly intended to be the primary retention method instead of proper molding of the holster to the gun like better makers do.

Now what kind of a retard designs a holster for defensive use that makes it a struggle to get to your gun? [angry]

I ended up cutting off the lip then spending nearly two hours with a hot air gun to mold the kydex around the gun like it should have been done in the first place.

What a POS.

Consider the SOB for another carry option. I prefer SOB/MOB for carrying very large handguns. With well-made holsters, it is comfortable to wear them all day long.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks to someone here on NES, that said they bought a holster in Manchster, I recently got a Mitch Rosen express line holster.

I ordered a IWB holster clip on holster and got it for $80 in 5 weeks. Fantastic holster, the clip is so tight on the belt that I have to unbuckle it to slide it off. The mouth is steel reinforced and always stays open.

I carry a 1911 4 1/4 inch S&W in it, right in front of my right front pocket. It's has to be the best holster I've ever bought in 40 years.

my supertuck has been great for me (with a glock 19).

they are indeed shipping with metal clips now, so the easily broken plastic clips should no longer be an issue (i asked about them when i got mine ~ 6 months ago, and they said when metal clips became available, they'd send me a set if i wanted...well, i'm still on the original plastic clips, and still have a spare set of plastic hooks in the drawer.

one thing i DID do, was glue on a piece of moleskin over the leather (it covers the adjustment screws, but it's already adjusted to where i want, and worst case, i think i paid $3.00 for a whole yard of moleskin on clearance, so if need be, i'll just redo it.

it's still the most comfortable holster i own.

my supertuck has been great for me (with a glock 19).

they are indeed shipping with metal clips now, so the easily broken plastic clips should no longer be an issue (i asked about them when i got mine ~ 6 months ago, and they said when metal clips became available, they'd send me a set if i wanted...well, i'm still on the original plastic clips, and still have a spare set of plastic hooks in the drawer.

one thing i DID do, was glue on a piece of moleskin over the leather (it covers the adjustment screws, but it's already adjusted to where i want, and worst case, i think i paid $3.00 for a whole yard of moleskin on clearance, so if need be, i'll just redo it.

it's still the most comfortable holster i own.

Same here, and I've tried just about everything. I've never had a problem with the plastic clips, either.

I have the SOB that I carry both my XD service and subcompact in from time to time, I love it. Fits multiple sizes of the same model gun, and is very comfortable, as long as I tuck in a t-shirt behind it. I was nervous at first about retention issues, but after using it enough, and realizing the belt holds it pretty snugly, I got over it.

Ed

I see they have a bunch of accessories for these. What do they add, and should I consider any of them? This would apply to either the SuperTuck Deluxe or the SOB. Thanks.

I love the supertuck. I find that with a screwdriver you can knockout the toothy threaded inserts pretty easy. It fits really nicely after a couple weeks after it molds to your fat (like me) or into your curves if you are skinny.

I find it very comfortable. Lack of retention isnt a problem for me, because when I need retention, I have a different holster for that. I may heat it up someday to tighten a little, but they intentionally send it somewhat loose so you can set it how you want.

My sig p250 loves it too. Is it a perfect artisan holster? No.

It is a somewhat more custom homemade version that fits my needs fine with the Sig.

When I get my Kimber 3" 1911 I wont get this - I will go all out and get a Milt Sparks, or something 100% custom fit.

Back
Top Bottom