• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CR123A batteries from $1-$9...am I missing something

I just ordered a liotec Freedom and in preperation I want to order some extra batteries. I have a surefire M6 as my primary light and I have been using Surefire brand CR123A batteries that I bought for little money a few years ago. After a quick online search I've found different brands of these going anywhere from .95$ all the way up to $9 each. Is there a real difference or is this just more of the same Duracell vs. Energizer crapola. I know the surefires are rated for exceptional shelf life but at 60 minutes run time lets be serious...Im not gonna have the cash to buy 10 years worth at 1 time.

One thing to keep in mind....SureFire has a list of batteries you can use in your light (on the website, under "Battery Compliance Information" I think.

Some 123's are designed as camera batteries (those are the $9 ones), and those are one's that SF does NOT want you using in their lights.

Personally, I order the SF batteries in bulk, and call it a day (I have a G2L, M4 and 6v 870 forend).

http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-cr123a-50qty.html

I use these all the time with no problem. I found these from a flashlight testing web site and found them to be top notch. Even if they only last 90% as the name brand ones do. That makes them way worth the money. Less than a buck a piece when you buy in bulk. I buy a box of 50 every time I get low. I've never had any trouble with these cells.

I struggled with this at first as well.

I use www.batteryjunction.com to buy mine now.
The titaniums are supposed to be good.

I bought some in bulk last time and am still working on those batteries. I will be placing another order soon. BatteryJunction also offers frequent discounts. The last one was labor day.

I use the Duracell's never a problem.

I did a side by side comparison using Duracells and the Surefire battery in 2 exact same Surefire flashlights. The Duracell was at least 25% brighter.

That is suprising...and exactly why I am asking the question, at first I just assumed surefire batteries with surefire flashlights made sense.
Did you notice a difference in burn time?

Duracells huh? I got my Liotech Freedom from the group buy and have only used some random cheap batteries. I don't remember what battery came with it, but that was the one that lasted longest.

BTW, I love my Freedom (pun definitely intended [wink]). I had it out after dark one night at a friend's house, and my buddy's old head-basher Maglite paled in comparison to my little fist-light. Bright as hell!

http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-cr123a-50qty.html

I use these all the time with no problem. I found these from a flashlight testing web site and found them to be top notch. Even if they only last 90% as the name brand ones do. That makes them way worth the money. Less than a buck a piece when you buy in bulk. I buy a box of 50 every time I get low. I've never had any trouble with these cells.

I second that emotion.

Tenergy charger and Tenergy batteries (CR123A) ...have used them for many, many cycles with no problems ...cheap and easy. But, be sure to read the blurb:
rc123a_li_ion_4batteries_with_charger_for_gearlite.gif

Back
Top Bottom