• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cops Open Fire on Pickup Truck Full of Children, Shooting 3 of Them, One in the Head

mikeyp

NES Member
Cops Open Fire on Pickup Truck Full of Children, Shooting 3 of Them, One in the Head

Oklahoma City, OK — A rather disturbing scene unfolded in Oklahoma City this weekend as police officers attempting to kill a robbery suspect opened fire on four small children, shooting three of them — one of them in the head.

According to police, they were searching for a robbery suspect when they found William Devaughn Smith, 21, in his pickup truck with the four children. When police made contact with Smith, they began shooting.

“As they tried to approach the suspect, there was an incident that happened. An officer involved shooting took place,” said OSBI Spokeswoman Jenny Virden.

During the shooting, police apparently didn’t care about or didn’t see the children in the pickup truck and so three of them were shot.

After shooting three children, police took to the press to point out the fact that not all of the children were shot as one of them luckily came out unscathed.

“I don’t know what these injuries are. And then one child, from what I understand was not injured,” said Virden.

“I mean my children, for crying out loud. Four innocent little children,” said mother of the injured children Olivia Hill.

Despite police claiming the children aren’t facing life-threatening injuries, Hill explained that her little girl has a bullet lodged in her brain.

“My 4-year-old daughter was shot in the head, and she has a bullet in her brain, and my 5-year-old has a skull fracture,” Hill said. “My 1-year-old baby has gunshot wounds on her face. My 2-year-old wasn’t touched with any bullets.”

Other link:

Non-life threatening wounds for 3 kids in Oklahoma shooting

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The injuries suffered by three children when Oklahoma police fired at a robbery suspect in a pickup truck are non-life-threatening, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said Saturday.

OSBI spokeswoman Brook Arbeitman said the 5-, 4- and 1-year-old children were taken to a Tulsa-area hospital. Their names and conditions were not released.

Olivia Hill told Sherman, Texas, news station KXII-TVthat she is the mother of the three and of a fourth child who was not wounded.

"My 4-year-old daughter was shot in the head, and she has a bullet in her brain, and my 5-year-old has a skull fracture," Hill said. "My 1-year-old baby has gunshot wounds on her face. My 2-year-old wasn't touched with any bullets."

Hill and the four children were in the pickup with William Devaughn Smith, 21, when two officers approached him and gunfire broke out Friday in Hugo, which is near the Texas state line, Arbeitman said. Smith's relationship to Hill and the children isn't clear.

Investigators have not determined what led to the shooting that also wounded Smith, who was treated at a hospital about 30 miles (48 kilometers) away in Paris, Texas, then taken to a Texas jail on an Oklahoma robbery warrant, Arbeitman said.

Not a whole lot of information in that article.
Did the shitbird open up on PD ?
Did they even get close enough to see kids in there ?
Was the numbnuts using the kids as shields?
Or was it a case of Itchy Mc Triggerfinger going hog wild ?
"Reporters " suck.

If the perp had a gun and started shooting....then he shot those kids...

I don’t think that’s how it works :/

Also, they CLEARLY would have pointed that out in the article. “An incident happened”, as part of the official statement, is code for “we saw a black person”.

Did he have a gun? They don’t even say it was armed robbery. If he had a gun the cops would have been leading with that detail which makes me think he was unarmed and the vehicle itself became the reason to shoot wildly into a car without knowing who or what was in it. We’ve seen that before. The only alternative is the reporter conveniently omitted that detail.

I don’t think that’s how it works :/

Also, they CLEARLY would have pointed that out in the article. “An incident happened”, as part of the official statement, is code for “we saw a black person”.

Can we not be f***ing retarded? These guys are clearly schmucks for just unloading into a car, but the guy had a warrant for armed robbery. I think we're beyond 'driving while black' here. The 'incident' they refer to seems to be the fact he possibly tried to run one of them over. Do I agree that you get a free pass to shoot at any vehicle driving in your direction? No.... but can we not suck BLM dick here?

Did it say armed robbery? The word armed was suspiciously missing, but journalists are untrustworthy so who the hell knows.

Can we not be f***ing retarded? These guys are clearly schmucks for just unloading into a car, but the guy had a warrant for armed robbery. I think we're beyond 'driving while black' here. The 'incident' they refer to seems to be the fact he possibly tried to run one of them over. Do I agree that you get a free pass to shoot at any vehicle driving in your direction? No.... but can we not suck BLM dick here?

I need a better official statement than “an incident happened”.

Otherwise...yeah, I’m jumping right to that conclusion.

aaalife-in-hell-mistakes-were-made.jpg

ETA: The police statement is precisely as infantile as the comic strip.

.."non life threatening wounds....." despite the fact that they quote the mother as stating that one of her kids has a bullet in their brain.......

a bullet in the brain somewhere is not necessarily life threatening, there's a lot of parts of the brain that can be damaged without killing you. Its certainly serious, but not always life threatening

Otherwise...yeah, I’m jumping right to that conclusion.

Well... maybe a podunk town of 5000 people isn't used to being national news, and she sucked at being a PIO. No big deal pal. Jump away.

I know enough to pass the judgement.

The whole "it's non-lifethreatening" and "one kid wasn't shot" is enough for a severe f***ing beating. They shot four kids, why make a mockery of this?

Based how they react to the shooting, if there was a f***ing gun, I bet everyone would know just how assaulty and black and highly capacitated it was. I bet there wasn't a gun. Perp was just happy to see them.

At this point, I'm far more concerned being shot by cops than a criminal, in every day life.

I know enough to pass the judgement.

The whole "it's non-lifethreatening" and "one kid wasn't shot" is enough for a severe f***ing beating. They shot four kids, why make a mockery of this?

Based how they react to the shooting, if there was a f***ing gun, I bet everyone would know just how assaulty and black and highly capacitated it was. I bet there wasn't a gun. Perp was just happy to see them.

At this point, I'm far more concerned being shot by cops than a criminal, in every day life.
[rofl]wasn’t there. Spoke to no one there. Knows no one there. Going off a story so full of holes he can’t even say if the perp was armed or not. Can’t say if he was shooting at the cops or not. Trying to flee or not.
Can’t say If the cops even saw the kids or not. But has all the info need to “pass judgment” !!. The Monday morning quarterback Hall of Fame has its new inductee. I’ll wait to know what actually took place before I “pass judgment” from my easy chair.

This is exactly why we'll probably see more ambush type shootings. The story leaves out too much to know if it was a case of the perp pointed gun at pd or they just opened up on the truck sort of like when the two asian women were shot at by LA pd even though the perp was a black male driving a different color truck. Complete incompetence.

Greg

Yes, he could and should be charged. But that is still no reason to shoot into the vehicle with small children, they should have backed off and closed off the area. That is if they saw the kids.

Yeah. I recall when Waco happened. Watching 20/20 or something that night or the next. Barbara Wawah. ABC News had this brilliant theory that they could just wall off the compound, provide them food and they'd be automatically incarcerated with no loss of life.

Back off and cordon off sounds good, but with a guy WITH A GUN who is determined NOT TO GET TAKEN, you're F'd as a law ossifer.

I'm not a big fan of cops, nor am I a cop-hater. But I find it hard to believe these guys cared little for these little ones. Cops are people too, despite what we see in movies about bad cops.

As far as my gut instinct, I'm leaning towards "they never knew there were kids in there and Perp just started throwin lead."

If he had been shooting that would have been the first thing the PD said. My money's on "perp got into a car so now he has a deadly weapon and we get to shoot him!" There has to be more on this besides this article though - please hold.

Non-life threatening wounds for 3 kids in Oklahoma shooting

Investigators have not determined what led to the shooting that also wounded Smith, who was treated at a hospital about 30 miles (48 kilometers) away in Paris, Texas, then taken to a Texas jail on an Oklahoma robbery warrant, Arbeitman said.

"What happened between the contact with him and when police fired, we're still trying to put that together," the spokeswoman said. "The OSBI is still investigating whether he fired at police and whether he was armed."

The police shot the kids on 4/26.

This was the 4/11 "armed robbery" incident:

Smith is suspected in an April 11 armed robbery at a Pizza Hut in Hugo. He hasn't been formally charged, and Lamar County, Texas, jail records do not list an attorney to speak on his behalf.

A post on the Hugo police Facebook page said a man entered the back entrance of the restaurant, pressed an object to an employee's back and demanded money. Police said the worker handed over money and the robber left.

The cops ran him through the system, saw the "armed robbery" record and warrant, and went in guns blazing once he got into the MV.

aaalife-in-hell-mistakes-were-made.jpg

ETA: The police statement is precisely as infantile as the comic strip.

You have to admire the verbal gymnastics these police press releases employ. "Officer involved shooting" is just a PR trick to try to obfuscate responsibility for use of force in apprehending suspects.

How many more years before "Officer approximate deleterious health outcome" is the norm?

There's not enough 'meat' to that report for me to draw any conclusion. I'd pimp slap anyone with report that read like that if it was handed to me.

I'll have me e-pitchfork handy, but I'm not ready to light my e-torch just yet.

Pretty sure that most cops don’t remember anything about gun safety. For cops the gun is a seldom used tool sitting on their tool belt. When they do pull it out they barely know how to use it.

Barely is kind of a stretch. I'm very confident in about 80% of my department I teach. I've taught at state level for past 5 years, and I've seen a significant increase in base skill sets.

Back
Top Bottom