Confused!

Hi folks,
Maybe someone can help me identify an old Hi Power. The only markings on the pistol are "BROWNING'S PATENT DEPOSE" in tiny letters on the left of the slide and serial number 182405 above the trigger guard and on the barrel. It has a ringed hammer, walnut grips and an internal extractor. The finish is worn blue and the sights are fixed. There are some other very faint markings that I can't make out. The barrel is one piece and the newer throated style. Undying (well, almost) gratitude for ANY help.[bow].
Gary

Last edited:
I'll get some up asap. Got the gun, camera and computer, all I have to do is figure out how to work them all at the same time! Thanks, Gary

Last edited:
According to my 1990 Stevens book on the Browning Hi Power, the internal extractor was standard until 1962. Serial numbers have been somewhat problematic with Hi-Powers.
This is just a wild guess, but I think maybe your Hi-Power falls into the middle 1950's to early 1960's. The problem with that is the barrel...but it could have been an aftermarket, and later fitted, although again according to Stevens, there were some demensional changes in the early 60's as well which makes that kind of problematic too, although I am sure it is possible that a later barrel could be properly fitted.

I hope this helps and doesn't further muddy the waters.

Mark L.

Back
Top Bottom