Confused over FTF

That and jacking the license fees up - what; fourfold? It was a deliberate program to eliminate dealers and it worked.

What I never figured out was to what end? CA and MA are the only two states where having an FFL really makes any sense beyond pure economics of dealer pricing and their purchase restrictions occurred after the purge. The only other rational thing is it made the n of gun dealers small enough they could manage more audits, etc.

he doesnt get it because he doesnt want to get it. He is a well planned out troll playing just stupid enough to get people to keep giving him info, but not so stupid that he gets picked up on the usual troll radars. I suggest no one respond to any of his posts anymore. That tends to flush'em out.

Certainly a possibility. Good point.

What I never figured out was to what end? CA and MA are the only two states where having an FFL really makes any sense beyond pure economics of dealer pricing and their purchase restrictions occurred after the purge. The only other rational thing is it made the n of gun dealers small enough they could manage more audits, etc.

Again, it was FEDERAL action; not state. The purpose was clear: Drive as many gun dealers out of business as possible.

The ostensible reason was that many of the dealers weren't real dealers; just hobbyists using an FFL to keep their costs down or, alternatively Merchants of Death peddling Uzis to children.

The real reason is that Clinton was antigun; his base was antigun and he used his authority to damage gun rights as much as possible during his 8 years in office.

In short, putting gun dealers out of business WAS a goal in and of itself.

Just friendly advice, take it or leave it.

I apologized for my previous posts, just didn't see the need for the insult. I have actually learned from some other's posts and in some cases it has changed my point of view.

Hey Second A,

I have sat back and seen a ton of your posts, one thing no one can condem you for is your willingness to give info, which in and of its self is not a bad thing, the bad thing is that some of your info has been incorrect. The other negitive thing is you are fast to pounce when your info is called into question or corrected. We all are adults here ( for the most part [wink]) , but more importantly we are all induviduals as well and our ways of talking sometimes do not mix. No one here says that we all need to love each other and hold hands, but to be civil and humane is at minimum, what is needed to have productive conversation.
I know from personal experience, some people here can just rub you the wrong way, for what ever reason, they just get under the skin. Just because you may not like the attitude they project, it should not take away the validity of their information or facts.

Case in point, Scriv, he has a reputation of being sometimes overly shrude, and sometimes tactless in his dealings with other NES'rs[shocked]. So be it, his personality still does not negate the facts or validity of the info he is giving. Info he is giving freely, and can be very costly to learn any other way. Sometimes in order to learn, you need to suffer a little, sometimes the message is more important than the messenger or how the message is delivered. You bringing up the fact that he was banned, and then telling him he should be banned again for not agreeing with you in a manner you approve of, is, in my opinion, just not productive, nor was him being banned any of your buisness in the first place. That is between him, Derek, and the Mods, he has paid his debt, what ever it is, and now has a clean slate, leave the past in the past.

I am just trying to give you friendly advice, and am not trying to tell you what to do, you are your own person and will suffer or succeed from your actions. I am sure, you will have a lot to add to many topics here, and as you progress, you will become better equiped to deal with the little querks here on NES.

Just take your time, read your posts before posting them, don't be so fast to hit enter. We don't need to agree on everything, and walking away is sometimes the best way to get the point across, even if they don't.

Best wishes, and good luck[grin].

Hey Second A,

I have sat back and seen a ton of your posts, one thing no one can condem you for is your willingness to give info, which in and of its self is not a bad thing, the bad thing is that some of your info has been incorrect. The other negitive thing is you are fast to pounce when your info is called into question or corrected. We all are adults here ( for the most part [wink]) , but more importantly we are all induviduals as well and our ways of talking sometimes do not mix. No one here says that we all need to love each other and hold hands, but to be civil and humane is at minimum, what is needed to have productive conversation.
I know from personal experience, some people here can just rub you the wrong way, for what ever reason, they just get under the skin. Just because you may not like the attitude they project, it should not take away the validity of their information or facts.

Case in point, Scriv, he has a reputation of being sometimes overly shrude, and sometimes tactless in his dealings with other NES'rs[shocked]. So be it, his personality still does not negate the facts or validity of the info he is giving. Info he is giving freely, and can be very costly to learn any other way. Sometimes in order to learn, you need to suffer a little, sometimes the message is more important than the messenger or how the message is delivered. You bringing up the fact that he was banned, and then telling him he should be banned again for not agreeing with you in a manner you approve of, is, in my opinion, just not productive, nor was him being banned any of your buisness in the first place. That is between him, Derek, and the Mods, he has paid his debt, what ever it is, and now has a clean slate, leave the past in the past.

I am just trying to give you friendly advice, and am not trying to tell you what to do, you are your own person and will suffer or succeed from your actions. I am sure, you will have a lot to add to many topics here, and as you progress, you will become better equiped to deal with the little querks here on NES.

Just take your time, read your posts before posting them, don't be so fast to hit enter. We don't need to agree on everything, and walking away is sometimes the best way to get the point across, even if they don't.

Best wishes, and good luck[grin].

Thanks Doc. I admit, I got my back up a bit with the way in which he replied to me. He may not have been right in what he said, but I wasn't right in how I responded. I'm trying to learn here and I will take a bit of time and read more. After some good advice from another poster, I think a breather period is a good idea. I appreciate your input Doc and thank you for being forgiving.

On that subject, I note your arrogance in addressing total strangers by their first names, indicating the conceit you actually have some sort of relationship with them. You don't.

Wait, you're calling someone else arrogant? [shocked]

The ostensible reason was that many of the dealers weren't real dealers; just hobbyists using an FFL to keep their costs down or, alternatively Merchants of Death peddling Uzis to children.

Obviously the second group weren't deterred in the least, since they hardly ever bothered with things like licenses. As for the first, back in '68 we were explicitly promised that the first would, of course, always be treated as a valid reason for having a license. I certainly didn't believe them then, which proves that my IQ was at least above freezing, and haven't had any reason to doubt my judgement. IIRC, the first FFL I got cost something like $10 or $15.

Ken

Obviously the second group weren't deterred in the least, since they hardly ever bothered with things like licenses.

And the second group was hardly a threat.

However, when you want to be seen as both "tough on crime," but don't want to offend certain minorities responsible for much of it, you pick a weak and visible target.

When you want to deprive Americans of their right to bear arms, you start by eliminating as many lawful sources for acquiring them as you can get away with. This means you get to posture for your hoplophobic supporters, while giving BATFE greater resources with which to monitor the surviving dealers.

After all; if it saves just one life - isn't it worth it?

Case in point, Scriv, he has a reputation of being sometimes overly shrude, and sometimes tactless ...

Is that "shrude", as in "affensive"?

Sometimes the Scrivener's posts are like cough medicine. Tastes bad going down, but it's good for you.

Trust your mother on this one. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom