• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed carrier disarmed, searched, has weapon disassembled by Coral Gables Police

What do you think, are we safer with a firearm, at risk of getting killed by a cop who freaks out and kills us during a routine traffic stop? ; or safer not carrying and hoping I never need it. The chances of me having a car accident or pulled over for speeding are a lot higher than me getting attacked by a thug....

Seriously considering carrying only when I feel I am at high risk, more worried about being protected and served to death....

My view has always been that if its a 'high risk area' that I would only feel safe with a firearm... there is no way in hell I am going there even with plate armor and an up-armored humvee (with a squad). I carry when ever I legaly can for the same reason I keep a first aid kit and fire extinguisher in the car, wear a seatbelt, and have insurance.
Not for what I think WILL happen but for what MIGHT happen...

My view has always been that if its a 'high risk area' that I would only feel safe with a firearm... there is no way in hell I am going there even with plate armor and an up-armored humvee (with a squad). I carry when ever I legaly can for the same reason I keep a first aid kit and fire extinguisher in the car, wear a seatbelt, and have insurance.
Not for what I think WILL happen but for what MIGHT happen...
Yeah, I guess high risk for me is a trip into Boston, as opposed to driving to and from work, I would carry everywhere legal, but I worry about a crazy cop. I mean, you almost can't every look at them funny without them reporting they felt in danger and had to neutralize the threat, a law abiding responsible citizen that followed the rules to get his firearm to protect himself.

Like I wrote earlier, I'm more afraid of a cops reaction to my carrying than running into a mugger

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I know this area well, coral gables is an affluent little enclave down in Miami.
It doesn't surprise me that it's libtardville.

The other problem is training on approaching a CCW Citizen. It is not the same thing as approaching an armed criminal.

The other problem is police don't trust any citizen with a gun period. They especially don't like it when its a law abiding citizen and they can't do anything about it.
There's no possible way a civilian can be trained in the judicious use of lethal force.
They don't like it because it smacks of an implied challenge to their authoritah.

The other problem is police don't trust any citizen with a gun period. They especially don't like it when its a law abiding citizen and they can't do anything about it.
There's no possible way a civilian can be trained in the judicious use of lethal force.
They don't like it because it smacks of an implied challenge to their authoritah.

I have a problem with this attitude. Cops need to realize that they are civilians. If they don't like that term applied to themselves, sack up and enlist.
I font trust cops with guns anymore. If the libtards want to emulate Britian so much, they need to start with the cops.

Id be pissed if he scratched up my gun. This pisses me off in general, id like to become a cop, but at the same time i don't want to be associated to retarded, uneducated idiots. Guy should have pushed the cop when he reached for his firearm.. But he probably would have been shot.

- - - Updated - - -

But 12 weeks of academy trained you properly? Please get off your high horse.

the problem is until qualified immunity is pierced.... cops and COP know that they can do whatever the F*** they want and worse case is the town has to shell out some coin...

Back
Top Bottom