Conceal carry on family's property

My girlfriends grandmother has some property we vist frequently. I was wondering if I can carry cocked and locked concealed or do I have to open carry.

Im a Mass resident,without a non resident permit

thanks

My girlfriends grandmother has some property we vist frequently. I was wondering if I can carry cocked and locked concealed or do I have to open carry.

thanks

I wouldnt open carry in this state period.

As far as concealed on someone elses' property, even with their permission...I'm guessing thats no good either.

Ah, at first I read that as "with a non-resident permit". Glad I read it again.

No, you can't carry concealed without a license unless it's your own property. You may carry openly, though.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-4.htm

159:4 Carrying Without License. – No person shall carry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle or concealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid license therefor as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.

Source. 1923, 118:4. PL 149:4. RL 179:4. 1951, 151:1. RSA 159:4. 1967, 220:3. 1973, 528:84. 1994, 48:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1995.

I wouldnt open carry in this state period.

As far as concealed on someone elses' property, even with their permission...I'm guessing thats no good either.

I assume you didn't notice that this is the NH forum? There is nothing at all wrong with open carry in NH.

To the OP, I don't know the answer to your question, but if you're unsure just open carry...

Not entirely. You are only covered when you have that permit in hand. Until then you are breaking the law in NH if you CC.

oh I know. Im not planning on carrying up there until I recieve my permit. I didn't mean I sent it in so its okay, I ment when I recieve the permit in the mail I'll be covered[wink]

Back
Top Bottom