Compliancy/LEO's

It is my understanding that LEO's can purchase a gun that is on the EOPS's list even if it is not on the " secret AG's list". Now does this extend to special police officers also or only fulltime LEO's

Could be wrong..but believe you need a letter on PD letter head! Besides that I think it is Gray area!

Not gray at all. If any LEO is sworn LE (not all are) and allowed to work armed they are qualified to buy handguns as LEOs. Rules for making such purchases (must be in-state and from EOPS List) are written by the mfr/distributor/dealer.

Some require a letter from the chief, some only require an ID.

LenS
So does an officer need to order straight from the factory and shipped to an FFL or can they have a dealer do it?

I'm familiar with Glock's program and not the others, so the following is the Glock method of purchase:

- You can order from Glock-USA by filling out a form (posted here on NES) and providing required documentation and a check. It gets shipped to PD or MA Dealer for NICS/FA-10. YES, officers MUST pay the FET (only gov't agency purchases are exempt).

- You can order from a Glock LE Distributor, do the payment and documentation with the distributor and have it shipped to a MA Dealer for NICS/FA-10.

Back
Top Bottom