Compact .45 semi-autos for CCW

I would never risk something like modifying a trigger in court. No thank you.

There's nothing to back up this assertion other than a bunch of Ayoobisms from 10 years ago in an oddball corner case involving some guy who went back to the
scene of an earlier conflict. Wasn't exactly a pure self defense case to begin with.

If you ever have to shoot a bad guy your trigger being "modified" is going to be the least of your concerns.

ETA: This ayoobism which morphed into a trigger modification thing is another one of those internet gun board myths that needs to die a horrible death. [rofl]

-Mike

Last edited:
Probably right, but being in MA I can envision a prosecutor bringing up the fact that the gun was modified to have a "hair" trigger.

Why defend it when there are plenty of guns available that don't need a trigger job out of the box.

To each their own, maybe I'm just paranoid.

There's nothing to back up this assertion other than a bunch of Ayoobisms from 10 years ago in an oddball corner case involving some guy who went back to the
scene of an earlier conflict. Wasn't exactly a pure self defense case to begin with.

If you ever have to shoot a bad guy your trigger being "modified" is going to be the least of your concerns.

ETA: This ayoobism which morphed into a trigger modification thing is another one of those internet gun board myths that needs to die a horrible death. [rofl]

-Mike

I will keep that in mind. But I am still weary of modifying my Glock.

Probably right, but being in MA I can envision a prosecutor bringing up the fact that the gun was modified to have a "hair" trigger.

Why defend it when there are plenty of guns available that don't need a trigger job out of the box.

Show me a plausible self-defense case where it actually mattered. I'm all ears. Hint: any case where the defender claimed he shot the BG by accident doesn't count, that's not really a self defense case- because the defender likely wasn't warranted in drawing their gun to begin with.

There are plenty of reasons to hate an M&P, but saying "modifying the trigger produces legal liability" isn't one of them- it's a completely bogus argument.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I will keep that in mind. But I am still weary of modifying my Glock.

But you did it anyways- you polished parts. [rofl] That is a "modification".

-Mike

Sorry, but that's such complete horseshit.

You can't blame him by all the crazy stories posted everyday. This state has all of the law abiding citizens scared enough not to use their CCW's and even to question what goes into their weapon. I agree with you that it's utter horseshit but MA has a good grip on our balls. It isn't fair and we need to turn the tables on this.

I'm not trying to convert ya dude. Take it leave it... Whatever. It's my opinion. I'm not going to put a trigger pull lighter than factory in my carry guns. And I won't carry a gun that in my opinion comes with a junk trigger out of the box.

Obviously, feel free to carry as you will. And no need to apologize.

And I certainly am not up for being any test case on the plausibility.

Last edited:
Don't forget about my favorite .45 mousegun......

AMTbackup45.gif

I have a Glock 30 and I love it. Carried it almost daily for a year now. I carry a 10rnd mag in it and a 13rnd G21 mag in my pocket for a spare with the grip adapter thing to make it fit the G30 frame. Something comforting about 24 rounds of .45 with you

You need to shoot a stock M&P to understand what we're saying about the trigger... It's not just about it being heavy. It feels like you're cleaning the grill with your trigger finger... So bad.

It's bad, but not that bad.

Oh I thought it was EOPS.

EOPs enforces the statutory "consumer protection" crap, which doesn't have a trigger pull weight requirement. The AG's regs have the trigger pull requirement in 940 CMR 16.00 paragraph 2:

(2) It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raising trigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun.

See: http://www.mass.gov/ago/government-...dguns Without Childproofing or Safety Devices

Oh. Thanks 1911. But to those who think the G30 and other striker fired guns have heavy triggers , it's because they need heavier firing pin springs to ignite the primer. The G19 is so much smoother than my G36 was.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

I'm in this same situation...looking to get a CCW in .40 or .45. Thinking G30 or a 1911 3". I like the sound of the G30SF, but tough to find used in MA.

I'm in this same situation...looking to get a CCW in .40 or .45. Thinking G30 or a 1911 3". I like the sound of the G30SF, but tough to find used in MA.

Yeah, it's a tough choice. I would love a 3" S&W 1911e but unfortunately cannot swing the funds right now. Hopefully will be getting together w/ Acme Armament some time soon to try out their Glocks (30, 30SF, 36) to see how I like them. Really wish I could get my hands on an XDs to see how it feels.

Yeah, it's a tough choice. I would love a 3" S&W 1911e but unfortunately cannot swing the funds right now. Hopefully will be getting together w/ Acme Armament some time soon to try out their Glocks (30, 30SF, 36) to see how I like them. Really wish I could get my hands on an XDs to see how it feels.

i'm trying to sell/trade my AK right now so that's the only reason a 1911 is in my visions. otherwise, it would also be a tough purchase. but i have learned, if your gonna spend alot of money on a gun, your carry gun is THE ONE to splurge on. i'm thinking glock though cuz i could probably get cash on top of the gun for my Saiga, depending on the circumstance. nothing like a compact glock for reliability and conceilability.

when are you making the trip to acme??? i may consider tagging along if you wouldn't mind, we are kinda close to each other.

Like I told you before, I'd go with the 30 or 30sf if you need a subcompact 45acp.

The 36 has a lot of kinks, no parts interchangeability, snappy, and low capacity. Those all bothered me but I guess they may not bother you. Glock is the ideal CCW and you wont go wrong with one. I love Glock a lot, easy to work on and always dependable.

Like I told you before, I'd go with the 30 or 30sf if you need a subcompact 45acp.

The 36 has a lot of kinks, no parts interchangeability, snappy, and low capacity. Those all bothered me but I guess they may not bother you. Glock is the ideal CCW and you wont go wrong with one. I love Glock a lot, easy to work on and always dependable.

i'm taking that advice!!! i havn't really been a fan of the glocks prior to now, but i think i'm catching the fever now. they are the smart CCW choice by far. but it seems tough to find the SF models in MA though.

there is a guy wanting to trade a sweet G27 for an AK in the classified section. i PM'd him already, waiting on his response. it's got a jeweled barrel, keracoated gun metal silver slide, and fresh night sights. i'd be willing to work a deal there, hoping he replies soon!!!

Like I said to the OP, anyone who wants to try out my 30SF, feel free to shoot me a PM. Especially if you have something cool I may be interested in taking for a spin.

Yeah I am hoping to meet up with Acme soon to try theirs out, really looking forward to it. Haven't had any free time w/ the baby just being born but we shall see. Will be good to try the 36 against the 30 to compare the two.

Ryan - I will let you know. Acme threw the offer up to meet up at the range some time to try theirs out, so I will see if they don't mind you coming along as well (I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem).

Back
Top Bottom