Comm2A Year End Recap

I notice Lynn also requires applicants to be 21+ even though an FID is available far earlier.

Is this a topic worthy of another "friendly reminder" to the PD?

I notice Lynn also requires applicants to be 21+ even though an FID is available far earlier.

Is this a topic worthy of another "friendly reminder" to the PD?

I don't see the issue, you're unsuitable until you are 21.

I'm on a monthly subscription payment. I don't intend to stop doing that just because of some tax incentive is going away.

I'm on a monthly subscription payment. I don't intend to stop doing that just because of some tax incentive is going away.

Whatever do you mean, "going away"?

I believe the OP was suggesting, as I was in another thread, to add to your already made 2017-donation-totals by possibly making an additional one time donation. Nothing, I am aware of, is going away.

Whatever do you mean, "going away"?

I believe the OP was suggesting, as I was in another thread, to add to your already made 2017-donation-totals by possibly making an additional one time donation. Nothing, I am aware of, is going away.
If the standard deduction is doubled, more people will be taking that and not itemizing their deductions - like charitable giving.

Last edited:
If the standard deduction is doubled, more people will be taking than and not itemizing their deductions - like charitable giving.
True, but I doubt that it will change my charitable giving anyway. IIRC (software does this for me so I don't look/check) you haven't been able to get dollar for dollar credit for donations for years now, I think you deduct some % of your AGI before you can deduct the remainder.

IIRC (software does this for me so I don't look/check) you haven't been able to get dollar for dollar credit for donations for years now, I think you deduct some % of your AGI before you can deduct the remainder.

There's a "% of AGI" minimum point straight out the door for medical expenses, but that doesn't apply to charitable giving. There is a phaseout of deductions including gifts to charity if your income is over $261,500 single / $313,800 married. If you're tapping up against that, the training business must be going well. ;)

There's a "% of AGI" minimum point straight out the door for medical expenses, but that doesn't apply to charitable giving. There is a phaseout of deductions including gifts to charity if your income is over $261,500 single / $313,800 married. If you're tapping up against that, the training business must be going well. ;)
Boy do I wish I had that problem. No fear of reaching that level.

I don't see the issue, you're unsuitable until you are 21.

FIDs can be issued when you are 15? you can apply before you are old enough to hunt on your own. Can't remember exact age but our son had his FID at 15.

I was being somewhat sarcastic in that Lynn could do whatever they want by simply taking the stand that those under 21 are "unsuitable". Just like others add their own requirements that are just accepted because opposing them will just make you "unsuitable".

Like many others I had my FID at 15.

Back
Top Bottom