Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

Where did you get the figure 1.5 LTC holders in MA? The latest available figures in December of last year (according to the MA Sec. of State’s website) were from June 2018. At that time the total number of ALL firearms license holders in MA was listed as 434,000. Has there been a 200% increase in firearms licenses issued in less than 2 years?

Even that number seems small, based on 56k new/renewals in ’17 and 57k in ’14 (the two Comm2A scorecards I have)

If this decision stands, and the restrictions continue for any extended period of time, it will absolutely kill most, if not all medium to large shops (both in physical size and volume) unless they can dramatically change their business model somehow. At the very least, it will result in most employees of these shops being unemployed.

The smaller, sole proprietor shop/FFL/hobbyists could potentially benefit, though, since they're probably more used to this volume and business model. Plus, they will likely see an increase in demand because of having to help make up for the volume of transactions that the larger shops would normally handle, but no longer can.

Frank

Brothers:

The Order hasn't even come out yet !!! Everyone relax for a bit. The Judge will not sign the Proposed Order as presented, he will be writing his own. We don't know what the wording will be

Until then take a chill

Brothers:

The Order hasn't even come out yet !!! Everyone relax for a bit. The Judge will not sign the Proposed Order as presented, he will be writing his own. We don't know what the wording will be

Until then take a chill
Umm...it just came out. see below (from above):

Brothers:

Until then take a chill

Order is posted above. It is still pretty restrictive.

So now what happens to the cops who refuse to process licenses?
In Mass, I can walk into my insurance agents office and leave with a registration and plates (and I think register to vote.)
Mass Residents should be able to walk into a gun shop and after MIRCs, leave with a firearm, ammo and a GOAL membership...
(I know MIRCs don't work that way... but it should.)

"Brothers:

The Order hasn't even come out yet !!! Everyone relax for a bit..."

So, is a line forming at Four Seasons yet...? [rofl2]

In Mass, I can walk into my insurance agents office and leave with a registration and plates (and I think register to vote.)
Mass Residents should be able to walk into a gun shop and after MIRCs, leave with a firearm, ammo and a GOAL membership...
(I know MIRCs don't work that way... but it should.)
Assuming you have an LTC, you totally could. Frankly, the hardest part would be getting the shop to sign folks up for GOAL/Comm2A. That said, I know many have fliers and such on their counters.

Assuming you have an LTC, you totally could. Frankly, the hardest part would be getting the shop to sign folks up for GOAL/Comm2A. That said, I know many have fliers and such on their counters.
I actually meant "Receive an LTC" at the same time, after passing a background check...

Similar to Vermont, but you receive an LTC a week or so later.

This order is pretty bullshit, and frankly I'm disappointed that nobody fought the 4 appointments/hr.

I'm trying to imagine 4 seasons with 4 appointments an hour...
Lol. They'd have to operate 24/7 and still wouldn't get caught up. (unless inventory ran out)

I lost all respect for that judge when he says he knows it's a constitutional right and thinks any of the states restrictions are ok.
What a crock of sh_t!
What a tool for the man he is!
He couldn't go against the state, so he gives us a little token all the while letting their bs restrictions stay in place!
What a pussy!

Everyone knows the 2nd amendment was written to protect the people's rights to enjoy freedom from tyranny by use of force.
So what do our Elitist in local,state and federal government do?
They slowly restrict it till there is no resemblance of a right left.
Hell, they view it as a very easily controlled permission slip to do as they please with the support from the judges they serve over.
All the while having law enforcement do their dirty work.
(Those in law enforcement could refuse..But remember they wish for the same restrictions for their own on the job safety. Their safety first, before your rights and personal safety.)

One virus and everything this country was founded on, goes out the window!

Big government the people say they want.
Well, here's your free peanut butter sandwich.
Oh, your allergic to peanut butter.
Don't worry we have one's with peanut and jelly on them as well..

The only saving grace in all this is they are screwing over their own grand kids futures.
They will pay the ultimate price.

Those with arms, we hope will keep teaching their children the realities of ownership and the responsibilities in doing so.
Their children will never know what it is like to have the means of self preservation.
The means to fight for country and to fight for their very own personal freedom!

american-flag-wind.jpg

Last edited:
Where does it say in the order that the appointment needs to be for one person? Why not have one appointment on the quarter hour - One appointment every 15 minutes(4 appointments/hour) for 10 people or whatever the shop can accommodate to maintain social distancing

Technically it doesn't, but I guarantee no FFL is going to split that hair.

Any English Majors?

Firearms dealers licensed pursuant to Mass. Gen. L. ch. 140, § 122 shall be permitted to conduct sales of firearms and other goods, and may sell ammunition if licensed pursuant to Mass. Gen. L. ch. 140, § 122B, by appointment only, with not more than four appointments per hour.

Does this mean Firearms dealers are permitted to conduct sales of Firearms and if they are also licensed to sell ammo they can sell that ammo by appointment only, with no more than 4 appointments an hour. Does the appointments, as written, apply to the whole sentence or just the second phrase regarding ammo. Don't ask me, I needed spell check for sentance sentence.

Where does the 4 appointments per hour bullshit come from?

If you had a big enough shop, you could have four or five clerks EACH doing four or five sales an hour. There's usually some overlapping as each customer is in a different point in the sale process.

How is that not some sort of restraint of trade claim?

Any English Majors?

Does this mean Firearms dealers are permitted to conduct sales of Firearms and if they are also licensed to sell ammo they can sell that ammo by appointment only, with no more than 4 appointments an hour. Does the appointments, as written, apply to the whole sentence or just the second phrase regarding ammo. Don't ask me, I needed spell check for sentance sentence.
I think they technically need to drop the comma after “firearms and other goods” in order for “by appointment only” to apply to it.

Does anyone know if Maura has way to appeal/overturn the judge’s existing order prior to the 28th/29th? Or are we good (relatively speaking) until then since the judge himself denied her motion for a stay pending appeal?

It comes from the state's atty claiming the average gun transaction takes 10-15 minutes(she kept talking about how the first time gun buyer needs a lot of interaction with the store clerk etc). Jensen brought up that an ammo transaction can take 2 minutes, but obviously it didn't have an effect.

Where does the 4 appointments per hour bullshit come from?

If you had a big enough shop, you could have four or five clerks EACH doing four or five sales an hour. There's usually some overlapping as each customer is in a different point in the sale process.

How is that not some sort of restraint of trade claim?

Where does it say in the order that the appointment needs to be for one person? Why not have one appointment on the quarter hour - One appointment every 15 minutes(4 appointments/hour) for 10 people or whatever the shop can accommodate to maintain social distancing
Technically it doesn't, but I guarantee no FFL is going to split that hair.
Depending upon how many employees I had I would require a minimum of four customers per appointment.

There’s nothing in the language limiting an appointment to one person.

Like I said. Who is going to be enforcing this?
Local police departments, you know the ones that are anti-2A.
Those departments that love the power over their people and view anyone but themselves as lesser citizens.

Then there are Maura's minions who will be out in full force checking every gun shop in the hopes of stripping their license to operate for even the smallest infraction.

Four appointments allowed, each appointment with a block of people that allows a six foot social distancing circle around each customer based off of retail squire footage.
Must sanitize the whole place after each visit. Easy, hand out gloves as they enter and hand the customer the product after they pay for it.
If buying a firearm, then the gloves will shield the product from contamination while the customer decides on purchase.
Still seem like a right....This is definitely what infringe means..

But hey, the judge considered all this when he let their bs against everything the constitution was founded on remain in place![halfmast]
He could have ended this in one sentence.
"This goes against the constitution of the United States of America!" End quote!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom