Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

12:00 Saturday stores will be allowed to open. Order as submitted by the state will be used, so by appointment only, no more than 4 appointments per hour.
Which is dumb because what if the appointments are to buy accessories or ammo which takes a few minutes?

And who’s going to enforce this? Will they have cops or town officials at every gun shop keeping count? Maybe a rhetorical question...

It sucks for range members but, at least the crap legal work by the Cedrone party's attorney only screwed up the range case and didn't negatively impact McCarthy. Decision on ranges sounds like it is on hold for another day as the record was insufficient to craft an order that would allow ranges to open.

I find it odd that the judge couldn’t at least meet the state’s demand of 40%
I think we missed the boat on how this was explained. We should have had some concrete examples like NRA range design specifications to back it up. It sounds like this judge wants facts. We should have learned that the first time around and knowing that social distancing was an issue we should have been prepared.
Swing and a miss but I don’t think it will happen at the next hearing. I think he will side with us as soon as he has a proper explanation.

You think this is a victory?

Sorry but this is a loss.

Sets up a bad precedent that still violates our rights.

How the hell is that a victory?

It's a temporary restraining order. As far as I know the ruling does not set precedent, it provides temporary relief until the judge can do a more thorough ruling on the merits.

We've gone from 0 stores open, to stores being open with limitations. The needle is moving in the right direction.

Re: ranges. It sounds like if the plaintiffs had accepted the 40% capacity thing it would have just gone through. Raising questions meant the judge wanted more information. Maybe that's why they didn't push the 4 transaction thing?

Sounds like the judge agreed to the proposed resolution by the state, so why the request for stay?

IANAL it seems as though this judge gave us a fair hearing based on the facts presented. I believe he did his job well. The failure lies in representation which wasn't prepared with facts concerning the range issues and somehow missed the issue of appointments. I am guessing this falls into the impingement vs infringement distinction.

Sounds like the judge agreed to the proposed resolution by the state, so why the request for stay?

Because the state didn't want to let shops open at all. The judge told both sides to submit proposals for letting shops open with restrictions, and if the state hadn't submitted something then the judge may have just accepted the plaintiff's proposal.

So, the state's proposal was accepted, but the state didn't want either proposal to be accepted.

Back
Top Bottom