Comm2A on Colion Noir Live Monday January 23rd

Great news! Best of luck, hopefully the Constitution prevails!

Just made a donation.

What is the usual timeframe of these things. My guess is 4-5yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes it was a calculated attack; she knew when to do it to not get any blow back from reps and even when she loses it has stoped sales for the time being

Probably 1/3 of MA gun dealers will be out of business due to her attack long before a final ruling on this case (and the NSSF case) is written. That was also her objective.

What is the usual timeframe of these things. My guess is 4-5yrs.

Based on past history of cases that I've seen, I'd say this is a fair guess for a final ruling.

Probably 1/3 of MA gun dealers will be out of business due to her attack long before a final ruling on this case (and the NSSF case) is written. That was also her objective.

Based on past history of cases that I've seen, I'd say this is a fair guess for a final ruling.

Was afraid of that. When I was calculating it out my thought was it's just long enough to put them out of business (as you've stated) also long enough to let the fire storm die down a bit as well as her to run for a different position and leave some one else holding the bag of chit.

Was afraid of that. When I was calculating it out my thought was it's just long enough to put them out of business (as you've stated) also long enough to let the fire storm die down a bit as well as her to run for a different position and leave some one else holding the bag of chit.

The best they can hope for in the short term is a preliminary injunction stopping the enforcement of the 7/20 edict pending the result of the case.

Unless I'm mistaken, the plaintiff suffering a significant financial loss is pretty good grounds for that, and the dealers involved could lose their businesses.

Not gonna hold my breath on that one, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Will she decide that she wants to start enforcing her notice on owners when they renew as reatliation?

The best they can hope for in the short term is a preliminary injunction stopping the enforcement of the 7/20 edict pending the result of the case.

Unless I'm mistaken, the plaintiff suffering a significant financial loss is pretty good grounds for that, and the dealers involved could lose their businesses.

Not gonna hold my breath on that one, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

They won't get an injunction "because gun".

If the Legislature would stepup and make the changes suggested last summer this would be over. At least they should grandfather previous sales.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If the Legislature would stepup and make the changes suggested last summer this would be over. At least they should grandfather previous sales.

They'll feel pretty silly for not clarifying the law when they had the chance when the AWB is ditched entirely.

(one can hope)

Hehehehe... I called it 09-28-2016, 08:59 PM, post #186 in the "Maura Healey refuses to disclose" thread. I am already a life NRA member and re-up GOAL in 5 year blocks. My next piggy bank goes to Comm2A. This is outstanding!

I am starting to enjoy this. I am starting to think that the entire mess of Massachusetts gun laws is going to tumble by the the end of this ordeal. It may take a while but it will. Maura opened a Pandora's box. What she did is beyond gun control and non-gun owners are starting to recognize that thanks to the efforts of GOAL. We have complained for years that national organizations ignore MA. We complain that MA dealers ignore MA. Well, both are engaged with more to come. Comm2A is firing on all cylinders. Interest in gun ownership is at a high. And, at least at the federal level, the establishment's world is crumbling. That is trickling down to the state level as well. Heck, Trump is only down by 13% in the latest UMassAmherst/WBZ poll. OK, Trump taking MA may be a pipe dream. ;-)

Oh hell no it wouldn't. She kicked the hornets nest and now we are pissed. She took a calculated risk that Hitlery would win, she lost, and now we get our rights back clawing and scratching.

I don't want to be grandfathered! I've done nothing wrong, nothing illegal.
By grandfathering were just kicking the can down the road. Then the well I'm covered crap starts, yet our kids end up with less.

So what are the chances this suit reaches a discovery phase where the plaintiffs can gain access to everything Maura is currently shielding from FOIA requests?

Discovery takes freaking forever. I'm hoping the case doesn't get mired in who said what when. All the facts needed to real the legal issues are in the MGL plus the AG's enforcement notices.

Maura will stonewall and delay the Hell out of any discovery phase to prevent any evidence which could lead to criminal conspiracy or racketeering charges coming to light. There's no way in Hell she didn't engage in illegal activity. Otherwise she'd be GLOATING like she loves to do about working with X, Y, Z group crusading against the EEEEEVIL __________ FOR THE PEOPLE!!!111

Faux news did a piece at Norwood Armory. They never mention that mora is going to vigorously fight this using taxpayer money and it is only a stepping stone "curb job on our rights" for higher office. They will never get it. Is it wrong to wish for a stroke or brain cancer on the enemy? Since when are these firearms "on the street"? No banger is going to carry them around. They want small loaner pieces.

This is what the gov. In 04 who signed the hot mess that is the ma. Awb put out in 2012.
evolution of a local hack going national.

We need a president who will enforce current laws, not create new ones that only serve to burden lawful gun owners. President Obama has not; I will. We need a president who will stand up for the rights of hunters, sportsmen, and those seeking to protect their homes and their families. President Obama has not; I will. And if we are going to safeguard our Second Amendment, it is time to elect a president who will defend the rights President Obama ignores or minimizes. I will."

if faker baker wants to continue in politics he would be wise to take a stand like this.

Aaron[MA];5385778 said:
I'm confused by this line in the above press release:

Comm2A is *not* a party to this suit?

Neither is the NRA and neither need to be. I made the decision that I am done with having institutional plaintiffs unless there is a good reason to have them (and this case presents no such reason). It's not worth the headache. GOAL's decision to be a plaintiff was theirs to make, and not covered by my policy but NRAs which is along my lines but they don't mind others being institutional org plaintiffs. And believe me, I understand that it will yield more press for them, etc; but it's still not worth it to me. It adds briefing costs, takes away from the briefing page space that I would rather devote to the core issue at hand, etc; And every org in a single suit would add words that would pull from the total number allowed. A good paragraph per org or 300 words minimum per org. Not. Worth. It.

Why Brent is in the Press Release is because we all worked together. Period. This is a joint effort. That one org is captioned in the suit is irrelevant. We all worked to source plaintiffs, attended meetings together, worked with the attorneys to deal with the facts and status of MA law on any given issue, etc; We worked together and as Mike S has taken to putting in GOAL's tweets, #StrongerTogether. Very well put.

Last edited:
Neither is the NRA and neither need to be. I made the decision that I am done with having institutional plaintiffs unless there is a good reason to have them (and this case presents no such reason). It's not worth the headache. GOAL's decision to be a plaintiff was theirs to make, and not covered by my policy but NRAs which is along my lines but they don't mind others being institutional org plaintiffs. And believe me, I understand that it will yield more press for them, etc; but it's still not worth it to me. It adds briefing costs, takes away from the briefing page space that I would rather devote to the core issue at hand, etc; And every org in a single suit would add words that would pull from the total number allowed. A good paragraph per org or 300 words minimum per org. Not. Worth. It.

Why Brent is in the Press Release is because we all worked together. Period. This is a joint effort. That one org is captioned in the suit is irrelevant. We all worked to source plaintiffs, attended meetings together, worked with the attorneys to deal with the facts and status of MA law on any given issue, etc; We worked together and as Mike S has taken to putting in GOAL's tweets, #StrongerTogether. Very well put.

Ok, so those are some good technical reasons to not be a party to the suit, but wasn't the whole point of Comm2A having members so that they would have standing in cases?

Also, given Comm2A's position on being a party here, what will Comm2A be doing for continued support on this case, if anything?

Ok, so those are some good technical reasons to not be a party to the suit, but wasn't the whole point of Comm2A having members so that they would have standing in cases?

Also, given Comm2A's position on being a party here, what will Comm2A be doing for continued support on this case, if anything?

Yes, but this is not where we want to push that particular issue. This case is already pretty complicated. Adding a fight over organizational standing isn't worth it here.

This is what the gov. In 04 who signed the hot mess that is the ma. Awb put out in 2012.
evolution of a local hack going national.

We need a president who will enforce current laws, not create new ones that only serve to burden lawful gun owners. President Obama has not; I will. We need a president who will stand up for the rights of hunters, sportsmen, and those seeking to protect their homes and their families. President Obama has not; I will. And if we are going to safeguard our Second Amendment, it is time to elect a president who will defend the rights President Obama ignores or minimizes. I will."

if faker baker wants to continue in politics he would be wise to take a stand like this.

LOLOLOLOLOL!! This is EXACTLY why Faker is TOAST!! He does not have the testicular fortitude to take this stance. If he did, he would have the support of his base and combined with the other things that he is doing, have a really good shot at winning re-election.

Instead, he has chosen the path to alienate his base as RINOs have done before him in this state (ehem, Scotty Brown). The Bill Weld formula doesn't work anymore.

Faker's political career is over. Any thoughts of getting on the national stage are toast as well. If he had stood by his base, and lost, he could have made a push at the national level, but that is in the past. He has chosen his path.

LOLOLOLOLOL!! This is EXACTLY why Faker is TOAST!! He does not have the testicular fortitude to take this stance. If he did, he would have the support of his base and combined with the other things that he is doing, have a really good shot at winning re-election.

Instead, he has chosen the path to alienate his base as RINOs have done before him in this state (ehem, Scotty Brown). The Bill Weld formula doesn't work anymore.

Faker's political career is over. Any thoughts of getting on the national stage are toast as well. If he had stood by his base, and lost, he could have made a push at the national level, but that is in the past. He has chosen his path.

Perhaps Baker can try NH, I hear they like RINO's representing them in Washington. [devil]

Back
Top Bottom