• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A Fundraiser: Steel Challenge (SCSA) @ New Bedford 1/4/2014

I just spoke to MAShooter and he is fixing the club's calendar - the match is in fact on Saturday, 1/4/2014. He is going to the club tonight (Thursday - 1/2/14) to get a head start on plowing and will plow again on Friday after the storm has cleared. Sorry for any confusion and we hope to see you all on Saturday...

Are spectators free or is there a fee

Spectators are free, just be sure to bring both eye and ear protection. Eye protection is especially important when using steel targets. Steel Challenge is a good game to get started in action pistol sports because there is only one stage in all of Steel Challenge that has any shooter movement - we do not run that stage at the RGCNB because we do not have a bay large enough for it. So this match will all be with the shooter standing still... Bring your gun & ammo and join in the fun!

What's the .50 cal side event all about? Does it mean we can bring a .50 BMG or there will be one available to shoot?

Sadly there will not be a .50 BMG side show this year. The Serbu is in the shop for a tune up.

The extractor broke at the last fundraiser. I spoke to Mark Serbu since I want a tuneup - it was occasionally short stroking on semi auto, and Mark tells me he can fix that so it runs every some. Otherwise, I could just have him send a new extractor.

I do plan on bringing it to various Comm2A events in the future, and am maintaining an appropriate inventory of ammo. All profits from these to Comm2A.

[coffee]This is going to be good stuff. White background, white targets and white 3-dot sights. Maybe I should bring some extra ammo. [laugh]

Can't make it today, gotta work because of the damn storm. Friggin winter, haven't been to a shoot since October:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to all the brave soles that came out today. It was -2F when I left the house this morning, I heard others were at -9F. Still we had 28 shooters come out and enjoy some good steel fun in the sun! It was +25F when we finished.

Thank you to Sean for stopping by yesterday with his snow-blower which he used to great effect by clearing all the pits! Huge, HUGE thank you. Also thanks to the crew in John, Jay, Jason, Art and Ward, and some others who showed up a little early to help out. Thank you all.

And since the Nooks/Practiscore ran well in the cold weather, results are in.... read 'em and weep!

https://www.practiscore.com/match-results/uuid?uuid=0a9c8b8c-e1c3-4d40-a00e-7fc302c03aa1

Thanks for a great match and quick results. Compared to the early AM temps, +25 with sunshine was absolutely balmy.

- - - Updated - - -

Make some friends and huddle up in a group like penguins do.

I've had a cold for a couple of days now, coming out today will certainly not help. Have fun

Every time I do that I get my face slapped.

Thanks for a great day guys ! There is nothing I would have rather been doing.
Y'all are hardcore ;)

Back
Top Bottom