Comm2A files against the AG on LCIs, Draper v Coakley

Get rid of the LEO loophole, and watch thing$ change.

You mean the dealer exemption for LEOs? It almost already is gone, I mean it still exists, but with the recent pant shitting hysterics over the AG's memo a lot of shops are not even bringing in blue label glocks anymore, or their distributors have cut them off because theyre pant shitting due to that memo. Doesn't mean the exemption doesn't exist but it is now a bit more difficult to use.

-Mike

You mean the dealer exemption for LEOs? It almost already is gone, I mean it still exists, but with the recent pant shitting hysterics over the AG's memo a lot of shops are not even bringing in blue label glocks anymore, or their distributors have cut them off because theyre pant shitting due to that memo. Doesn't mean the exemption doesn't exist but it is now a bit more difficult to use.

-Mike

And the glock reps have told their local distributors to stop shipping stuff into Mass, apparently glock itself is getting tired of the bullshit.

Hottie! [frown]

wolohojian.jpg

Interesting.

I'm not surprised, I think most of this notion of guns not being sent into MA is from distributors who are crapping their pants, and their "deflection" behavior doesn't surprise me, but I'm going to save that for another thread because I don't want to lapse into a rant and derail this one....

-Mike

I'm not surprised, I think most of this notion of guns not being sent into MA is from distributors who are crapping their pants, and their "deflection" behavior doesn't surprise me, but I'm going to save that for another thread because I don't want to lapse into a rant and derail this one....

-Mike

MA has a connection to the distributors and I would not be suprised to hear they were threatened.

My argument has always been the the LCI creates a false sense of safety and complacency resulting in unsafe gun handling practices. It is a mechanical device after all and should not be relied on in place of a press-check.
Exactly. I don';t recall ever consciously looking at the LCI on anything I own. I have always assumed every firearm in my home is loaded and chambered.
I think the only time they are actually unloaded is if I just got back fro the range end emptied every mag. But I still handle as if chambered.
Before long the AG in MA will make up another mandate to make it illegal to carry chambered in MA.

Guys, this is all about the AG's supporting Scotty's original decision to ban Glocks. Do you think Martha or Maura know a Glock from a S&W? NO! Do you think they really care? NO! This is all about upholding their predecessors illegal decision
because they're good little liberals who toe the party line and it's about control. Ma. is a corrupt liberal Dem playground where they've had their way for so long that it's in their DNA. They're slogan is "we can do what we want and you can't stop us". Nuff said

Exactly. I don';t recall ever consciously looking at the LCI on anything I own. I have always assumed every firearm in my home is loaded and chambered.
I think the only time they are actually unloaded is if I just got back fro the range end emptied every mag. But I still handle as if chambered.
Before long the AG in MA will make up another mandate to make it illegal to carry chambered in MA.
**** that! Might as well carry a sap. That's about how useful a gun with out one in the pipe is. Better off carrying it empty so when it gets taken away from you they can't kill you and a whole bunch of people with it with out looking for ammo first.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Guys, this is all about the AG's supporting Scotty's original decision to ban Glocks. Do you think Martha or Maura know a Glock from a S&W? NO! Do you think they really care? NO! This is all about upholding their predecessors illegal decision
because they're good little liberals who toe the party line and it's about control. Ma. is a corrupt liberal Dem playground where they've had their way for so long that it's in their DNA. They're slogan is "we can do what we want and you can't stop us". Nuff said

Of course they know, at least enough to be dangerous. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. They know handgun compliance BS deters gun ownership, that's the entire reason for CMR940 in a nutshell.

-Mike

Of course they know, at least enough to be dangerous. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. They know handgun compliance BS deters gun ownership, that's the entire reason for CMR940 in a nutshell.

-Mike

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/04/03/us/massachusetts-to-enforce-strict-gun-safety-laws.html

"An official of the Massachusetts attorney general's office said today he hoped the new regulations here would be ''the sharpest blow yet'' to the gun industry."

-------------------------------------

This whole thing seems quite contradictory to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

"An official of the Massachusetts attorney general's office said today he hoped the new regulations here would be ''the sharpest blow yet'' to the gun industry

MA followed CA. CA decided to get rid of the "Ring of Fire" manufacturers in the LA area who made most of the Saturday Night Specials. The safety regs were successful in getting rid of almost all manufacturers from CA. They just moved to NV. Civil lawsuits put most of them out of business. The safety regs were then sold as necessary to reduce crime.

-Mike
But that was before the Supreme Court decisions. Now they know they can't "Ban" handguns and we can keep suing them.

But that was before the Supreme Court decisions. Now they know they can't "Ban" handguns and we can keep suing them.

And I don't believe they care at all. There is no downside to them at all. You and I pay the legal fees whether they win or lose. They are able to keep spouting off how "tough on guns" they are and will keep getting re elected.

And I don't believe they care at all. There is no downside to them at all. You and I pay the legal fees whether they win or lose. They are able to keep spouting off how "tough on guns" they are and will keep getting re elected.

Spot on. They do not care. They have no reason to care. There are no consequences at all. The government has endless resources. We don't. It matters not if they end up losing 100% of the time. They can just keep on keeping on. Justice delayed is justice denied.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but:

If the AG claims the Gen 4 Glock LCI is not "effective enough", what prevents an 07FFL from modifying the LCI to make it "effective" under the specifications of the AG, and then selling them in MA? Such modification could be yellow nailpolish or a dab of solder.

The crux of the above, is that the AG refuses to define what would make the LCI effective under their regulation. At this point the confusion due to the ambiguity of the regulation can no longer be answered "because the AG says so", but instead must be answered with technical definitions.

There was a dealer on the cape doing this to G43s. They were machining the slide and then selling them.

A little note to answer a few questions. MSRP on the glock 43 is $580.00 (check Lipseys.com) we are milling a loaded chamber indicator in the Barrel hood the same way the M&P, Sig, Kahr... are . We are also changing the trigger to a 10.5 LB trigger to be 940 CMR 16.05 compliant. The trigger can be returned to the factory trigger once purchased for no charge. And yes I am not charging for the Mill or the trigger work for the $570.00 price. Please give us a call if you have any questions.

KD thanks for the continuous updates.

This link is broken on Comm2A:

01/29/2016 -- Amicus Brief of the Brady Center Prevent Gun Violence

Category not found

You may not be able to visit this page because of:
1.an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
2.a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
3.a mistyped address
4.you have no access to this page
5.The requested resource was not found.
6.An error has occurred while processing your request.

It's silly to have these two groups jump in. The 49 other states don't have a single issue selling Glocks with their standard LCI.

Incrementalism and precedence. If bans by fiat are sustained in the lower court, they begin to nibble away at Heller insomuch as the precedent has been confirmed: Other AGs in other states can regulate by fiat.

Edited by M1911: pastera noted a very foolish and important technical mistake in the Brady Center's Amicus Brief. I've removed this. No need to give our opponents help in editing their arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a test, I didn't think anyone would actually want to read it! Fixed now. I forgo to upload it.

Actually laughed out loud!

Not that I completely understand what I read but I try to read everything Comm2A puts out on behalf of its members. The ridiculousness, that the opposition in return puts out, lets us know thy enemy.

Also when the smarter, more succinct and eloquent NES members summarize the briefs it helps me follow along.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom