Colt Defender not Mass compliant?

SnakeEye

Banned
the colt defender is not mass compliant.hell not a single colt model is for that matter..
so i have to buy someones used up sloppy seconds if i want to own one?
just what i want for a carry pistol for personal protection, something thats used ..
just once id like to to know whats its like to buy a gun new..
absolutely absurd.. im pissed beyond words.
its impossible to buy a new gun in this state. im sick of buying other peoples tired old pistols they dont want anymore..

And just to rub salt into the wound, it's all being done to "protect" you from the "unfair and deceptive" practices of all those nasty gun manufacturers and dealers.

Ken

the colt defender is not mass compliant.hell not a single colt model is for that matter..

And this comes as some sort of blinding revelation to you? Where have you been the last EIGHT years?

As for Colt particularly, that is Colt's decision; typical of its current contempt and disdain for any production and sales that aren't military contracts.

just what i want for a carry pistol for personal protection, something thats used ..
just once id like to to know whats its like to buy a gun new..

So what's stopping you? The counters at Northeast Trading, FS, etc. are full of NEW Paras, Rugers, SIGs and Smiths, not to mention a fairly regular trickle of factory-refurbished Glocks. Hardly the crisis you make it appear.

its impossible to buy a new gun in this state. im sick of buying other peoples tired old pistols they dont want anymore..

You rave against a very exaggerated and well-known problem. So what are you DOING to correct it, other than posting unlettered rants on a forum which members are quite familiar with the situation? [rolleyes]

And this comes as some sort of blinding revelation to you? Where have you been the last EIGHT years?

As this is only my first year being licenced, yea its sort of a revelation.
I was aware of "the list" but i wasnt aware of just how minescule it was.. Most local resturaunt menu's have more line items.

So what's stopping you? The counters at Northeast Trading, FS, etc. are full of NEW Paras, Rugers, SIGs and Smiths, not to mention a fairly regular trickle of factory-refurbished Glocks. Hardly the crisis you make it appear.

My issue is the removal of choice and the imposition of restrictions based on nothing more than a power hungry politicians fancy.. Not to mention the resultant premium on what pistols do "trickle" in..
I have no desire to own any of the above firearms.. Para has the closest to what im looking for but their subpar third world manufacturing standards and subsequent high failure rates negate any gains made by purchasing one even new.

You rave against a very exaggerated and well-known problem. So what are you DOING to correct it, other than posting unlettered rants on a forum which members are quite familiar with the situation? [rolleyes]

Its no wonder you carry a firearm, someone with a personality as abrasive and intolerant as yours must have the shit kicked out him on a regular basis.

The real question here is what are you DOING to correct the hair across your ass that restricts you from being a civil human being?

------------------
but to get back on topic,the genesis of my rant is i went on gunbroker today and found a fantastic brand spanking new Colt Defender for 700.00!! (400.00$ less than a used on at FS's) only to then go online and check "the list" to have my hopes shattered....

Last edited:
As this is only my first year being licenced [sic] , yea its sort of a revelation.
I was aware of "the list" but i wasnt aware of just how minescule [sic] it was.. Most local resturaunt [sic] menu's [sic] have more line items.

In point of fact, the current AFR runs TWELVE (12) pages. What restaurant (note correct spelling) do you patronize that has that many?

Perhaps now that you have a license, you might actually acquire some handgun experience. [rolleyes]

The real question here is what are you DOING to correct the hair across your ass that restricts you from being a civil human being?

NO; your transparent attemt at misdirection having failed, the recurring question is what - if ANYTHING - you have done to promote and protect gun rights in this state?

HINT: Puerile, punctuation-deficient tantrums on firearms forums don't cut it. [slap]

but to get back on topic,the genesis of my rant is i went on gunbroker today and found a fantastic brand spanking new Colt Defender for 700.00!! (400.00$ less than a used on at FS's) only to then go online and check "the list" to have my hopes shattered....

The natural consequence of having failed to do the necessary research FIRST!

Mod Hat On!

Boys, put the poison pens down and step back from your keyboards!

Let's both be civil please.

To the OP: You have some reading to do! Set User CP to show ALL THREADS and ferret thru the Gun Laws forum. You will get a quick education on Mass Gun Laws and how they effect us.

Yes, those that don't own guns have no clue, so it's understandable that until you got licensed you never paid attention to the situation. Now it's time to do some studying, then support pro-gun candidates and lobby whoever is elected to "see the light" and take steps to correct the injustices.

Colt decided during the AWB/mag ban (federal) to concentrate their mfg towards military and LEO markets and pretty much said the hell with the consumer. That was their choice, so they aren't about to submit any guns for testing and approval in MA.

Your reading will show that the AG's Regs and the games he plays scares off most other mfrs from submitting for approval to the MGL requirements.

Net result may be 12 pages of gun models, but if you total the number of companies it's more like ~12 mfrs that have put themselves thru that wringer!

If the AG Regs went away we could easily double the number of mfrs approved within 1 year as most submit for CA approval and the MGL requirements aren't that different if they could be assured that they'd be allowed to actually sell here afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom