Coleman Fuel: Where to buy.

No Walmarts have them down here anymore. Kid at Dick's had no idea what I was talking about. Found quarts at Benney's at $6.95 each. Finally found Gallons at Bass Pro $12.95

Last time I was looking for white fuel I was told by a Kmart worker that the stuff has so many regulations attached to it that they can only have 3? Bottles in any one place, hence why most don't carry it anymore. I've seen it at BPS, some Wal-Mart's, dicks, etc... mostly it's seems to be hit and miss based on individual stores

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

What do you put this fuel in? Serious question, no joke. Indoor use?

Never use Coleman (white gas) fueled lanterns, stoves, or heaters, indoors, without open windows or positive ventilation. They are not like a natural gas or propane stove that burn much cleaner and produce much less carbon monoxide.

They're not practical in cold weather. Too dangerous, don't take a chance. Everyone should have a CO detector.

Read the warning on the can. Are you serious you would use fuel indoors ? Are you famaliar with the gas your car gives off whèn it burns gasoline ? Its called carbon monoxcide! It displaces the oxygen in the air and since your body happens to be using that oxygen guess what happens to your body whèn its starved of said oxygen ?
What do you put this fuel in? Serious question, no joke. Indoor use?

So the fuel is used for cooking outdoors then? Lighting outdoors?

The Google is our friend:

White Gas Camp Stoves.

Anything from this:

3000000788_500.jpg

Here.

to this:

x1_823cf3c067a029088d640ab33c419e22.jpg

Here.

And lanterns here.

I have a 2 burner stove, a one burner one and a lantern all from the 80's and they all work every time. Just had to change out the gaskets when i didn't use them for 10 years and they all started first match.... simple and built to last

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Read the warning on the can. Are you serious you would use fuel indoors ? Are you famaliar with the gas your car gives off whèn it burns gasoline ? Its called carbon monoxcide! It displaces the oxygen in the air and since your body happens to be using that oxygen guess what happens to your body whèn its starved of said oxygen ?

What Can? Never even see the stuff, that is why I was asking. Thanks mr Scientist.

Do they still make stoves and lanterns that take it? I remember camping with the fam back in the day. We had a stove that took it. I remember having to use a little pump to pressurize the fuel tank to run the stove. Propane is so much easier these days...

Do they still make stoves and lanterns that take it? I remember camping with the fam back in the day. We had a stove that took it. I remember having to use a little pump to pressurize the fuel tank to run the stove. Propane is so much easier these days...

Not only that but you can buy replacement parts so you don't have to throw the stove out after only 20 years of service.

Not only that but you can buy replacement parts so you don't have to throw the stove out after only 20 years of service.

Tru that! I just picked up some spare mantles at the local Walmart for my dual mantle white fuel lantern. You know, the ones that are always showed running in Chuck's house on "Better call Saul."

That reminds me, I either need to rebuild my dual burner stove or sell it. And camping ain't camping without the lantern purring away in the background.

You can get the lanterns and stoves at WalMart. They also have some repair parts for the more-current models (pumps, globes, etc) there.

the prices on the mantles at wallyworld are much better than a lot of other places.

If you have an older unit, there is a lot of stuff online to keep it running.

Back
Top Bottom