Coakley on WTKK

It just might be that she realizes that since the SCOTUS ruled in favor of McDonald, it's going to be on her shoulders/work load (and not Puketrick's), defending foolish legislation should it become law.

The problem is that your "1860's" timeline ignores that until the 1960's - and even after that, they remained the party of "white power"...

(snip)

There is nothing absurd about that and it didn't end in the 1860's either. It continues to this day in various forms.

Indeed. I didn't mean "only in the 1860's", just that right now they're not in favor of pre civil war type slavery. (which is the kind I was talking about)

More importantly, I meant that political labels are useless without historical context. The Republican Party isn't the same as it was in the '60s, or '40s, or 1820's. Neither is the Democratic Party. Or the Whigs, or the Know-Nothings, or the Libertarians. Most classical Conservatives are ashamed of what the party of Lincoln is doing now, under the name "conservative". Anyone who knows what being a true liberal is all about is appalled by people now calling themselves "liberals". "Libertarian" used to mean something quite different from what it means now.

That's the Democrats - claiming to be "tolerant", but working every day to make sure the institution keeps all those them deem "less worthy" in their place.

The Republicans do similar things, but the issues are "moral" ones like gay marriage or abortion. Except that Republicans don't, in general, identify as "tolerant".

It just might be that she realizes that since the SCOTUS ruled in favor of McDonald, it's going to be on her shoulders/work load (and not Puketrick's), defending foolish legislation should it become law.

this is a really good point. I don't know is AG's typically try whatever the top level state cases are, but a big old streak of getting it stuffed by the higher courts has got to look bad on the loosing side.

If she was standing up for law abiding gun owners that bullshit AG's list would be gone. That bullshit AWB would be gone. That bullshit hi-cap mag crap would be gone.
Well, she could get rid of the CMR940 stuff "AG's regs" in 30 seconds if she wanted to. The other stuff would still require legislative action to strike out, including the EOPS roster requirement. Getting rid of CMR940 would be a "big deal" though, since in numerous ways its worse than the roster is.

None of this will ever happen, though... because she is filth. Actually, that's an insult to filth...

-Mike

Wow, gearing up for 2012 already? That was fast.

It won't work Martha. You won't be annointed next time and the voters are onto you. I place her chances at slim and none. I'm sure NJ would love her though. Thank God I've sat through my last election in this Hellhole. 3 more months!!!!

There is a bright spot to Martha's comments today :

Those in the listening area , who do as they're told , vote Dem because their grandparents did , and pay no attention to actual topics beyond the bumper stickers - Heard the top LEO of our Commonwealth say the Bill is no good.

There's more of them than there are of us.

Last edited:
There is a bright spot to Martha's comments today :

Those in the listening area , who do as they're told , vote Dem because their grandparents did , and pay no attention to actual topics beyond the bumper stickers - Heard the top LEO of our Commonwealth say the Bill is no good.

There's more of them than there are of us.

All true, but moonbats don't listen to WTTK! [frown]

Wow, gearing up for 2012 already? That was fast.

It won't work Martha. You won't be annointed next time and the voters are onto you. I place her chances at slim and none. I'm sure NJ would love her though. Thank God I've sat through my last election in this Hellhole. 3 more months!!!!
Ayup... I really do smell a rather coordinated effort from the top here to float this new platform. I think they may be picking people who are either uber secure (unopposed) or likely to lose as canaries in the coal mine in this midterm election.

They will float this idea of a "family values, pro-gun, quasi-pro-life, button down, straight-laced, let's make government a little tiny, itty-bit smaller" Democrat and see how they poll on the undecideds. If it does well, they will send a memo to Nancy to shut the hell up for the 2012 elections...

The thing is, shes a politician, for the democratic party at that. Even if she "saw the light" shes not gonna change crap, because it will hurt her politically. If she honestly doesn't believe that law abiding gun owners in MA are a problem, then why would she have any reason to continue a ban on high-cap mags and "assault weapons."

The AG has no control over the assault weapons ban in any way.

I don't doubt that she has other reasons for opposing this bill. That said, in this fight against H4102, we need all the support we can get.

I don't doubt that she has other reasons for opposing this bill.
Since she's dissing Patrick's bill, I assume that is revenge against Patrick for some political slight. Maybe he didn't do enough for her during her campaign, or that he said what we all knew (that she ran a crappy campaign).

Back
Top Bottom