cnn vid

"It can cut through steel at 100 yards!" - Ya, well a .22 lr can cut through steel at 100 yards. Just at a smaller thickness than most other rounds.

And who is the intelligent thought process hater that came up with this one:

"If you wanna even out the playing field then maybe you should reduce the amount of firepower"

Assuming you are reffering to the criminals, how do you suppose we go about doing this? Ask nicely? Did it ever occur to you that criminals have a really high desire to have better firepower then their enemies and are not exactly willing to fork it over because theyre too powerful for the cops issued pistols in a fair fight? Or is that just the old liberal "If I just willingly bend over for it they wont be as likely to give it to me" logic.

I'm all for cops carrying rifles, (note: AR-15s and their clones are not assault rifles. Fully automatic rifles such as the m-16 are assault rifles and are used in military assault, hence the name.) just as long as us civilians reserve the right to keep them as well, if for besides sportsmanship, if it were to ever happen that the government turn into a bunch of tyrants and try to turn us into slaves. That way I got a little more than my model '94 to try and save my ass with. Although the '94 does have the '15 beat in terms of style.

Im also all for the police carrying ar15s, but wouldnt some people complain that a rifle round may pass through the suspect and hit people. Thats what they said about .45 and .357, and moved to .40s and 9mms. I have also seen pics with airport police with g36s. Theres a more concentrated amount of people there too. Ive seen more with mp5s though. My opinon is i prefer more fire power. Id rather have an fal or hk51b full auto in my trunk.

as seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGYg241MgOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L66ThY8WTvk&feature=related

Last edited:
Im also all for the police carrying ar15s, but wouldnt some people complain that a rifle round may pass through the suspect and hit people.

Your right, people will definately complain about it, but it doesn't mean that what they say has any truth to it. I'm for Cops carrying AR-15s and I don't think over-penetration is an issue and heres why:

I think that If it's a situation where the cops need to use an AR-15 to stop a threat, then the you know what has already hit the fan. Chances are the bystanders have already headed for the hills in the time it took the cops to respond to the call, show up, and get the long guns out of the trunk.

The other situation being something like a hostage situation where the bad guy has innocent people all around him and in this situation the police will always be able to put a more accurate shot on him with a rifle anyway so it would make the victims safer. Obviously most of the time these things go down more firepower is called for and the guys like the SWAT teams come in with rifles anyway. But it is good to give the first responders the firepower that they need incase the nutball isn't interested in a long stand off and is already firing at the cops and others.

Im also all for the police carrying ar15s, but wouldnt some people complain that a rifle round may pass through the suspect and hit people.

From the tests I've seen, an AR15 with properly chosen rounds is less likely to overpenetrate than a .40S&W pistol.

Back
Top Bottom