• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Club near Lowell

Hey guys, I just joined up at a club local to me, but their fudd rules have me upset I gave my money to them without carefully reading their rules first, oh well. I'm looking for a club near Lowell that allows drawing from a holster, no time requirement between shots, and a no magazine round count limit. The only reason I'm not a member at Harvard is because I can't get behind a club that forces NRA membership. Any suggestions would be great!

Pelham is usually pretty laid back. Woburn doesn't seem bad either but I'm not sure about drawing from hip.

WSA does not allow drawing from holster. Harvard is the only club I can think of in the area that allows this kind of shooting. Maybe Westford, but IMHO if you're going to drive from Lowell to Westford you might as well drive to Harvard.

And some clubs mandate NRA membership purely from an insurance stand point. The NRA's insurance policy mandates membership to the NRA. I'm not sure this is the case at Harvard, but that would be my guess. My suggestion is you think about it with regard to insurance and not about whatever NRA ideals you're against.

Hey guys, I just joined up at a club local to me, but their fudd rules have me upset I gave my money to them without carefully reading their rules first, oh well. I'm looking for a club near Lowell that allows drawing from a holster, no time requirement between shots, and a no magazine round count limit. The only reason I'm not a member at Harvard is because I can't get behind a club that forces NRA membership. Any suggestions would be great!

Good questions. I know Andover has a round limit. Five, I think. I also agree as to the NRA due to its present extreme right wing leadership. IMO, they hurt more than help firearms owners interests these days. Not all clubs require NRA membership to join. Some merely "recommend" it. It's not clear to me that insurance programs through the NRA require club members to be NRA members. It couldbe clubs get a premium discount if they require membership. Anyone posting here involved in club management know what exactly insurance requires ?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Pelham, no question, right up rt38. You'll get what you're looking for.
5 action ranges, 200M silhouette range, finishing the 600y range, 5 trap, indoor, archery, 100/50/25y outdoor covered range, turning target...etc

Five, I think. I also agree as to the NRA due to its present extreme right wing leadership. IMO, they hurt more than help firearms owners interests these days.

[rolleyes]

As a life member, I'll say that the problem with the NRA is that they aren't "extreme" enough. While I disagree with them on a lot of things, IMO our gun laws would be much, much worse without the NRA.

I'm looking for a club near Lowell that allows drawing from a holster, no time requirement between shots, and a no magazine round count limit.

Swallow your pride, join the NRA, and join Harvard. Seriously. It is reasonably close to Lowell and has a bunch of action pits where you can practice defensive shooting to your heart's content.

WSA does not allow drawing from holster. Harvard is the only club I can think of in the area that allows this kind of shooting. Maybe Westford, but IMHO if you're going to drive from Lowell to Westford you might as well drive to Harvard.

And some clubs mandate NRA membership purely from an insurance stand point. The NRA's insurance policy mandates membership to the NRA. I'm not sure this is the case at Harvard, but that would be my guess. My suggestion is you think about it with regard to insurance and not about whatever NRA ideals you're against.
NRA membership is a requisite at HSC.

I really don't. Would you prefer to have the left running the NRA?

Well at least then we wouldn't have those icky, extra killy, black, ugly, super-dooper, assault rifles and everything would be all better.

Or something like that.

I really don't. Would you prefer to have the left running the NRA?

Who exactly is "the left" you refer to? I know several registered democrats who, as life long gun owners and active shooters, could certainly run an organization the size od the NRA without alienating large numbers of gun owners. What Heston, LaPiere and their friends have done is needlessly alienate many people thus putting my Second Amendment right to bare arms at increased risk. Ted Nugent as a board member? A major, recurring disaster to the general firearms owning public. In fact, one of my gun owning democrat friends has run a not for profit corporation about the same size as the NRA and is probably a better musician too. lol!

Who exactly is "the left" you refer to? I know several registered democrats who, as life long gun owners and active shooters, could certainly run an organization the size od the NRA without alienating large numbers of gun owners. What Heston, LaPiere and their friends have done is needlessly alienate many people thus putting my Second Amendment right to bare arms at increased risk. Ted Nugent as a board member? A major, recurring disaster to the general firearms owning public. In fact, one of my gun owning democrat friends has run a not for profit corporation about the same size as the NRA and is probably a better musician too. lol!

You want someone who caucuses with Obama, Pelosi, Bloomberg, Boxer, et al? Are you tapped?

He wants someone who will compromise (that is, someone who will throw a baby off the sleigh and hope that satisfies the wolves).

He wants someone who will compromise (that is, someone who will throw a baby off the sleigh and hope that satisfies the wolves).

Well appeasement has such a long history of working, right? But I guess as long as they don't take my trap gun I don't really care.

Well appeasement has such a long history of working, right? But I guess as long as they don't take my trap gun I don't really care.

Absolutely. And we wouldn't want anything like shall-issue - there would be blood in the streets.

And here I was thinking that Ted Nugent was on the board because he won an election.
He should be ineligible? Why?
Do you think before you type?

Back
Top Bottom