Class "A" License?

Is there such a thing? One of my co-workers, (NH resident) said he had one. Federal Class A License, $600/2 yrs. Enabled him to buy a machine gun if he so desired. Now, my boss, (MA resident) HAS a MA unrestricted Liscense, costs much less, good for several years, and he also claims it'd let him buy a machine gun if he wanted. now, I say if he went to get one, he'd still be bound to the whole fingerprint, photo, wait for them to check, LE sign off, and $200 transfer tax. I further think that also, MA residents aren't allowed suppressors, or new manufacture hi-cap mags at all.

So confusing. Any ideas as to who's right?

i belive neither,

a class A and a machine (green card) gun are 2 different licenses in ma. $100 ea both good for 6 years. the rest is correct., as far as the federal, i call [bs2]. unless it is some kind of manufactures license. as a nh res, he can buy a machine gun with $200 tax stamp to atf and then the $3-30.000 for one.

MA residents aren't allowed suppressors, or new manufacture hi-cap mags at all. correct

I don't think a Class A will allow you to use a machine gun in MA, there is a check for Class B, Class A and a license to own a machine gun. I don't know for certain, but I think owning a machine gun in MA requires you to have a ATF certification as well. Others will know better than I. I am going off what little I have heard.

Nonsense. If you press him for details you will find that he either left it at home; let it expire and did not renew it; or his dog ate it and he has not yet obtained a replacement.

Probably the same guy who claims to have a carry permit good in all 50 states.

I don't think a Class A will allow you to use a machine gun in MA, there is a check for Class B, Class A and a license to own a machine gun. I don't know for certain, but I think owning a machine gun in MA requires you to have a ATF certification as well. Others will know better than I. I am going off what little I have heard.

Hopefully by ATF certification you mean tax stamp.

Back
Top Bottom