CHSB Lay-Offs = Longer Wait Time?

P

Phaedo1982

This was posted on the CHSB's website. Does this mean that the turnaround time from the CHSB for LTC permits will increase due to this "staffing shortage" and subsequent focus on CORI checks?

Is a CORI part of the process that the local PD goes through with the CHSB? Does the CHSB have dedicated staff to process the LTC/FID requests? As this article reads, it implies they everything other than CORI checks is being put on hold, as all available resources are being dedicated to processing the backlog of CORI checks.

Here's the press release:

Current CORI Processing Time
As of July 28, 2009

Due to a significant staff reduction at the Criminal History Systems Board (CHSB) the processing time for CORI requests has increased from an average of 4 business days to approximately 14 business days. The processing time is calculated from the time the CORI request is received by the CHSB.

The CHSB is currently processing CORI requests received on July 13, 2009.

Traditionally June, July, August and September are the highest volume months for CORI requests. Although the current processing time is 11 business days, the expected increase in the volume of CORI requests over the summer could result in additional delays in processing.

All available agency personnel are assigned to process CORI requests. Phone service by the CORI Unit has been suspended so that employees may focus on the processing of the CORI requests.

If you are experiencing technical difficulties regarding CORI access or need assistance that is not related to CORI Processing times, please visit our website at www.mass.gov/chsb and access the CORI forms or CORI Services links for further information.

All other inquiries or comments should be sent as email to: [email protected]

Email requests will be responded to as quickly as possible.

We understand the importance of this service to the Commonwealth and we continue to work to solve the challenges we face with reduced resources. Thank you.

The hold up is usually not at the CHRB but at the PDs. I doubt this will materially effect LTC wait times.

So far im still waiting for my renewal, its at the 13 week point now, PD says its the state, state says "I cant tell you anything, call the PD. Oh, they wont tell you anything? I can call them for you and ask" So far I dont want to risk them calling and the PD deciding to do something drastic in response.

Back
Top Bottom