Choosing a gun and a caliber - new blood

Go with the gun that fits your hand best with a proper grip... As far as caliber goes, .22s are good to start, develope good shooting habbits and go up from there... If you want help finding the right gun for you, send me a pm and I'll make arrangements with you to help find the wright gun for you... Its a service I offer to my students free of charge, so after you take your class send me a pm if your interested...

~Drew

Thanks guys. I am going to go on my lunch and explain to them that I will be applying for my permit where I live, but work in Fairfield and would like to get my prints done here because it would be easier for me to do so.

Sounds good. I had my prints taken when i turned in my app and had my permit in 2 weeks..so it is possible..obviously Milford seems to have something against gun owners.

Well I just checked Milford's site and found this. Maybe he got bad information. He is going to call them today to double check he needs an appointment.

"The Milford Police Department provide's a fingerprinting service for
City Of Milford residents or for job applicants who are applying for a job with a Milford based company.

Fingerprinting is done in our Records Division
on Tuesdays and Thursdays
1pm - 3:30pm
no appointment is necessary"

http://www.ci.milford.ct.us/public_documents/FOV1-0001066B/Fingerprinting

I took the NRA course yesterday and had a good time, learned a lot, and enjoyed shooting at the range. I hope to go to the range and practice some more when I get a chance.

My question is: I am finding out about the fingerprints thing in Milford tonight. I have heard, but not confirmed, that instead of going through my local PD, I can apply for the temporary state permit directly at one of the State Troopers Barracks (in my case Troop G in Bridgeport) and they can also do the fingerprints as well. I can't call them today as they are closed, but can somebody confirm this is possible instead of going to your town PD to do so?

Welcome to the forum. Great advice to be found here. I agree with renting/trying as many guns as you can to see what you shoot best. Then go out and buy a Sig.

You don't want the last thought to run through your head as some guy is slicing your throat to be.... " Damn, I wish I had spent the extra money for the Sig". Ofcourse, that's just my opinion.

After that buy whatever you want.

I just bought a Glock G33 and it's a great gun. Small, easy to fire, and with the purchase of the Glock factory .40 barrel you get the choice between carrying .357 or .40. Oh, and if you pair it with the SuperTuck holster you mentioned (I have), then you will have a great CCW gun year round that you really can't feel is on your body.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom