Chinese Type-63/68 Select Fire

Pictures taken in Albania, by an importer who wishes to remain anonymous. Information courtesy of Bob "Tex" Hanes.

Pictured below is the second adaptation of the select fire version of the SKS. The first version, Type-63 Select Fire, was built on a milled receiver platform. The Type-63/68, which is rarely seen, is pictured below as a sheet metal construction receiver.

As seen from the evidence, there are extensive design variations to the major systems of the:

1. Bolt carrier, bolt (rotating, but not pictured)
2. Receiver, receiver cover, mag well
3. Trigger group, w/selector
4. Magazine release.
5. Gas tube construction - more compact, rearward port position, and ribbed plastic cover.
6. Rear sight block and slider, more resembling the Mosin Nagant T-53

In fact, other than the general profile of the platform, very little resembles the base model of the Type-56 SKS. The four pictures are all that are available. But we are extremely fortunate to even be able to see this model, at all.

Thanks to Tex, and his importer friend. Now, the pics.

Type63-68_1_1.JPG

Type63-68_2_1.JPG

Type63-68_3_.JPG

Type63-68_4_.JPG

That's cool.......I just saw Larry vickers in Russia. Special on the Russian arms museum. He got to handlle some of the protons type sks and fired some early test model AK.....

Pictures taken in Albania, by an importer who wishes to remain anonymous. Information courtesy of Bob "Tex" Hanes.

Pictured below is the second adaptation of the select fire version of the SKS. The first version, Type-63 Select Fire, was built on a milled receiver platform. The Type-63/68, which is rarely seen, is pictured below as a sheet metal construction receiver.

As seen from the evidence, there are extensive design variations to the major systems of the:

1. Bolt carrier, bolt (rotating, but not pictured)
2. Receiver, receiver cover, mag well
3. Trigger group, w/selector
4. Magazine release.
5. Gas tube construction - more compact, rearward port position, and ribbed plastic cover.
6. Rear sight block and slider, more resembling the Mosin Nagant T-53

In fact, other than the general profile of the platform, very little resembles the base model of the Type-56 SKS. The four pictures are all that are available. But we are extremely fortunate to even be able to see this model, at all.

Thanks to Tex, and his importer friend. Now, the pics.

Type63-68_1_1.JPG

Type63-68_2_1.JPG

Type63-68_3_.JPG

Type63-68_4_.JPG

I've been looking in awe at the for a while now. I was wondering if you could please get some more pictures of this rifle? I for the life of me can not find a picture of the underside of the handguard.

Here is my contribution to the thread.
Photo-type63-albania-12766271.jpg

Amazing. Thanks for the pics. You find (and buy) the coolest stuff.

Wish there were a few of these in the registry. Be really nice to see the insides.

Back
Top Bottom