• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

chicago woman loses 4th child to gun violence

you know, as a soon to be father, maybe Im supposed to be more compassionate and understanding, but given Mr. Chambers' life of crime and the fact that this woman lacks common sense, makes that very hard to come by....

Chicago woman loses 4th child to gun violence - Yahoo! News

WLS – Chicago 2:06
A shooting early Saturday morning in Chicago's Lawndale neighborhood claimed the life of one man and …
CHICAGO (AP) — At least five people were gunned down Saturday in Chicago, including a 34-year-old man whose mother had already lost her three other children to shootings.

Ronnie Chambers, who was his mother Shirley's youngest child, was shot in the head while sitting in a parked car on the city's West Side. A 21-year-old man who was also in the car was wounded, police said.

Shirley Chambers, whose two other sons and daughter were shot in separate attacks more than a decade ago, was left grieving again on Saturday, WLS-TV reported (1 dead after West Side shooting | Mother mourns loss of fourth child to gun violence | abc7chicago.com ).

"Right now, I'm totally lost because Ronnie was my only surviving son," Chambers said.

Shirley Chambers' first child, Carlos, was shot and killed by a high school classmate in 1995 after an argument. He was 18. Her daughter Latoya, then 15, and her other son Jerome were shot and killed within months of one another in 2000.

"What did I do wrong? I was there for them. We didn't have everything we wanted but we had what we needed," she asked Saturday.

wait, there are no guns in Shitcago ... you had me going there for a while ...

Actually, the chances were pretty good. If one kid joins a gang, other siblings are much more likely to join as well.

Seriously? What did you do wrong?!

How about living in that shithole rather than taking your children and moving where people die less frequently than when deployed to Afghanistan.

For ****s sake.

what kills me is that the media is making this woman look like she lost the fighting sullivans.

of course, everyone is a "victim" that has to be celebrated nowadays. I'm pretty positive those boys have offed a bunch of rivals too, so this would actually makes Shitcago a tiny bit safer for a short moment.

As the father of a young child, I had a huge amount of compassion for the parents in Newtown. This, not so much.

What I heard is: "I live in a gun free city where my children keep getting killed". So how many children do you have to have killed to move to a place where they dont get killed? I think after 3 I would have left the area. So the number is 3 and 3 is the number for children you have to lose before moving to a different area.

What I heard is: "I live in a gun free city where my children keep getting killed". So how many children do you have to have killed to move to a place where they dont get killed? I think after 3 I would have left the area. So the number is 3 and 3 is the number for children you have to lose before moving to a different area.

The magic number is now 7.

The article mentions early Saturday morning, which sounds a lot better than saying the guy was killed at 2:30am on Friday night. I'm sure he was just getting out of Bible class at that hour. Want to increase your chances of remaining safe? Don't hang out in a crappy area at 2:30am!

either really bad things happen to good people all the time in chicago or something else is going on...

F'in media...Anybody who doesn't go past the headline is going to think of bright-eyed little children being slaughtered by evil guns, not a 34-year old adult who was fully responsible for his own destiny.

Back
Top Bottom