Chicago law banning handguns and automatic weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffboste

Banned
Chicago's law, which has been in effect since 1982, allows ownership of rifles, but they must be registered every year with the police. Concealed weapons, semi-automatic and automatic weapons aren't allowed. There are some exceptions for members of the military and law enforcement agencies

Should cities like Chicago be allowed to ban handguns?

http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=5450

Well why SHOULDN'T cities like Chicago be allowed to ban guns?

If you don't like the local laws, just move somewhere else.

Its not like we're talking about a Constitutional right or anyth . . . oops.

Never mind.

The ban on handguns and semi-automatic versions of military rifles in Chicago is really old news, and to members of this forum a topic that has been frequently been woven into many different threads. (use the search function and look up Heller, for instance). In light of Heller, there are lawsuits pending, questioning the legality of Chicago's municipal ordinance banning ordnance.

Mark056

One post, brand new member, ridiculous position = [troll]

Ummmm........Did anyone bother to click on the link where there is a poll that asks the very same question? Cut the guy some slack. If he doesn't already know the answer to this question, then flame away.

Last edited:
I did click through and I voted.

My point was that this wouldn't the first time some clown comes here, posts some anti-gun garbage, provoking a heated dialog and disappears. (If indeed that is what happened here - perhaps it WAS a legit question)

By way of example, look up the one post and the following thread by THIS user:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=14188

I did click through and I voted.

My point was that this wouldn't the first time some clown comes here, posts some anti-gun garbage, provoking a heated dialog and disappears. (If indeed that is what happened here - perhaps it WAS a legit question)

I agree, but we should give the guy a chance to clarify before jumping on him. That's my only point, and you're not the only one in this thread slamming this guy without first giving him the chance to explain. As I said, if he is just here to troll then I have no sympathy for him getting flamed.

I agree, but we should give the guy a chance to clarify before jumping on him. That's my only point, and you're not the only one in this thread slamming this guy without first giving him the chance to explain. As I said, if he is just here to troll then I have no sympathy for him getting flamed.

+1 I saw nothing in his post to automatically assume troll. He posted a link to a poll asking that question. Let's see how he responds, although now he's probably scared off due the very unkind "welcome". What's wrong with NES lately?

I don't know. Maybe there are just too many characters of such poor character that they think it's OK to steal someone else's property. That might bleed over into other areas of their posting.

Or perhaps there are those whose own sense of self-righteousness and superior sense of morality make it qute easy to pronounce snap judgements on those who disagree with them. I swear that there are some people here who would have made great Puritains and one in particular who would have gleefully hanged the witches at Salem. It must be a truly joyous feeling to know that one has an exclusive monopoly on the truth.

Who knows ?

Mark056

Last edited:
Or perhaps there are those whose own sense of self-righteousness and superior sense of morality make it qute easy to pronounce snap judgements on those who disagree with them. I swear that there are some people here who would have made great Puritains and one in particular who would have gleefully hanged the witches at Salem. It must be a truly joyous feeling to know that one has an exclusive monopoly on the truth.

Who knows ?

Mark056

Exclusive monopoly? I didn't know you had to have an exclusive monopoly on "the truth" to know that theft is an act committed by someone with a pretty crappy character. Neither is it a "snap judgment" to hear someone say "I'd rob you" and conclude that they're a shit bag.

Theft isn't a disagreement. It's a immoral act.

Chicago's law, which has been in effect since 1982, allows ownership of rifles, but they must be registered every year with the police. Concealed weapons, semi-automatic and automatic weapons aren't allowed. There are some exceptions for members of the military and law enforcement agencies

Should cities like Chicago be allowed to ban handguns?

http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=5450

Some semi-auto rifles are allowed, as long as they don't have some stupid list of features.

I don't know. Maybe there are just too many characters of such poor character that they think it's OK to steal someone else's property. That might bleed over into other areas of their posting.

If you're bringing up what I said in another thread for the sole purpose of being a prick then you need to grow up. I said I'd steal bread before I'd die or let my family die. Is that really a problem for you?

If you're bringing up what I said in another thread for the sole purpose of being a prick then you need to grow up. I said I'd steal bread before I'd die or let my family die. Is that really a problem for you?

No, a prick is a thief. Obviously, thieves are a problem with me.

This thread may as well be closed.
toilet.gif

Exclusive monopoly? I didn't know you had to have an exclusive monopoly on "the truth" to know that theft is an act committed by someone with a pretty crappy character. Neither is it a "snap judgment" to hear someone say "I'd rob you" and conclude that they're a shit bag.

Theft isn't a disagreement. It's a immoral act.

Dear Martlet,

You seem to be taking this a bit personally. I was just throwing out a general comment.[wink]

And no Martlett, you're never done. Why don't you become a minister, that way you can preach and get paid for it.[smile]

Mark056

Last edited:
I don't take anything posted on a message board personally. If I did, I'd be showing up at member shoots to knock a few people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom