• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Checking Gun at NH Courthouse

I looked around to try to get a clear answer to this. I feel like it's such a basic question that no one bothers to write anything about it.

Going to be at Strafford County Superior Court later in the week. I want to know what the procedure is for letting security know you're carrying, and checking the gun with them. Is it just as simple as walk up to security and say "I'm carrying, can you lock up my gun"? Anything specific I should know?

I could leave my gun in the car (and might still have another one there) but I'd rather have it on me up to courthouse security and then leave the courthouse with it.

Remember, youre probably not the first person to approach courthouse security with this conundrum. I think simply stating something to the effect of " good morning, Im currently carrying a whatever the hell youre carrying, whats the procedure?". Then Id follow whatever direction they give me.
No need to create drama over it, they deal with it daily.

in mass, from personal experience, the guy at the metal detector told me it was not his job to "hold stuff". firearms and cell phones and other stuff...knives I guess, not allowed past the metal detector, it was my problem to secure off site and return to do my business. this was 5 years ago and I believe court was in peabody or danvas ???? not sure if i'm remembering the towns correctly, sorry.

in mass, from personal experience, the guy at the metal detector told me it was not his job to "hold stuff". firearms and cell phones and other stuff...knives I guess, not allowed past the metal detector, it was my problem to secure off site and return to do my business. this was 5 years ago and I believe court was in peabody or danvas ???? not sure if i'm remembering the towns correctly, sorry.

I think this depends on the court. Lawrence has lockers right at the metal detector, not a problem. Lowell & Quincy have them in a room down the hall; but both weren't thrilled.

I had jury duty a year ago, and called the courthouse(Strafford County Superior) inquiring about the same thing. I was told that there was no accommodations to check a firearm. Mine stayed locked in the truck. Side note: I was selected for a jury, and sat for a week; by day 3, the security procedure had become so lax that I could have lugged my AR under my jacket if I wanted.

I had jury duty a year ago, and called the courthouse(Strafford County Superior) inquiring about the same thing. I was told that there was no accommodations to check a firearm. Mine stayed locked in the truck. Side note: I was selected for a jury, and sat for a week; by day 3, the security procedure had become so lax that I could have lugged my AR under my jacket if I wanted.

I think that's the answer I needed. I'll just lock it in my car.

Back
Top Bottom