• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

cheap endoscope for phone/PC

mac1911

NES Member
ok so this thing was on sale when I was poking around for xmas gifts 14$ shipped WTF I have wasted more on other things so why not.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KC7S9Q2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Of course my phone sucks and its not rooted, utg or capable of anything so it doesn't work with my phone.

for the PC/desktop windows 7 pro this worked http://www.oasisscientific.com/downloads.html Now the thing is I cant figure out how to make it work with out down loading it every time I want to use it. Cant create a shortcut or get it to come on when I plug the scope in ?

NOTE none of the links worked provided from the manufacture to upload app or operating system?

heres a quick look at my omega 50 cal black powder after shooting 5 rounds of my new Lee REAL design 250 grain bullet.

its not great and there are little to no controls other than a touchy light adjustment. The 90' attachment sucked and fell apart with in a few minutes.... o well it will work good enough for my needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a real cheapo Chinese endoscope for about $5 a few years back to inspect bores on some Nepal cache Martinis and Snyders. It was just camera/light head, cable, and computer connector. It performed similarly to your video but only after I made a sleeve to tape on it to hold it snugly in the bore (was using in .45 and .577 barrels).

My computer detected the camera on plugging it in and I used the OS provided camera control software to use it.

One thing I found is that putting a patch in the barrel and pushing a few inches ahead of where you want to inspect helps out tons in clarity. I was searching out possible inclusions in 100+ year old Iron lapped barrels so a close inspection was warranted before investing further and shooting my relics.

Nice bit of miscellany to have in ones tool kit. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom