Cheap Cleaning Benches

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
As a "collector" who can never leave a bench clean enough to use for gun cleaning, I just found a cheap solution that should work for most of us (at least for pistols).

Lifetime (TM) Personal Table, 30"x20", adjusts to 21", 24", 26", and 28" heights and folds flat for storage. Sold at SOME Costco's for $22.49 as Costco SKU 473125. [Costco's will allow anyone to get a 1-day pass to buy items at 10% up-charge if they don't want to buy a "membership".] Here's the mfr's webpage where they sell them shipped at $40.99 (their P/N 8240, SKU 081483081400).

http://www.buylifetime.com/detail.aspx?ID=255

NOTES:

- I found this in the Nashua, NH store yesterday and even the checkout clerk said that she'd never seen them before (they did carry them a couple of years ago and not since). I have NOT seen them in the Waltham or Dedham MA stores (as of ~1 week ago).

- "Lifetime" is a brand name, NOT a reflection of the actual warranty. Their website says these tables are warrantied for 2 years. HOWEVER, Costco's corporate policy is that the products they sell are warranted for "customer satisfaction" meaning even after 5 years if it breaks you can return it for a no hard time refund! Policy is on Costco's website. www.costco.com

BTW: I also picked up a 4' table that cost ~$40 at the same places. Perfect for cleaning rifles and if you keep the table top clean, you can still use it for BBQs.

I bought some used cubicle desks for short money from my company (they were in storage). They are great clean work surfaces. They have locked drawers for storage of loading components, etc.

I did have to build some bases to build them up to "bench" hight so they are comforatable to work at, but I didn't pay much more than Len for ~15' of bench.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom