• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chattanooga looking better every day

If I move south (hope to) I’ll make sure my neighbors see the 5-6 large gun safes being unloaded from the moving trucks along with the pallets of ammo.
My first week they invited me over shooting. 8" steel gongs at 50 and 100 yards. Was hitting the 50 with my Sig and 100 with 12ga slugs. Damn 12 year old is probably a better shot than me, and was quick to point that out.

About 10 years ago a friend worked for the TVA in Chattanooga. He lived in Cleveland, TN and said that it was much nicer than Chattanooga. At the time, Chattanooga had about the highest homicide rate per capita in the US. It probably hasn't gotten better since.
One of the issues with Chatty is, it's basically the shadow land of Atlanta. There is a ton of direct links.

My first week they invited me over shooting. 8" steel gongs at 50 and 100 yards. Was hitting the 50 with my Sig and 100 with 12ga slugs. Damn 12 year old is probably a better shot than me, and was quick to point that out.
I will reach out to you when I’m ready to move. Soooooon. But not soon enough.

I promise I will not disappoint…

The Chattanooga Choo Choo restaurant was quite nice, but that was 10 years ago. The hotel features regular rooms and train cars converted into rooms. We didn't stay there, unfortunately, because we had to continue on to Nashville.

Do you think that New Englanders are overly warm to new comers? New Englanders are snobs, ESPECIALLY to people from the south. Even so called conservatives up here look down on southerners as hicks, hayseeds, and red necks.

3. It's a SONG! Damn. It's like the old joke about playing Country music backwards and you get your truck back and your girl back and your dog back and. . . "Hey - I like that song too." :rolleyes: It was a joke LONG before it was a song. CCC was a SONG long long long before it was a restaurant. And I will not pardon you, boy! ;)

4. I don't see it. People say that N/E is unfriendly. I think we don't smile as much. But I've never seen anyone be unfriendly any more than anywhere else and I've never seen someone belittle or harass someone from the South. Hell, when you are #1 in JUST AWFUL ACCENTS, it's hard to make fun of a Southern accent. It's wickithaaaahd to sound smahhht taahkin like dis.

Heh heh - Western MA accent confuses people. I did USAF NCO academy in Knoxville, sat next to a guy from central Alabama. About 3 weeks in somebody told him I was from MA, and he refused to believe it until I showed him ID. He spent the rest of the class calling me the "Yankee Redneck", so I guess I blend well.

That happens a lot in cities along Interstate and other major highways.

In early 1998, I was doing some training at Camp Ethan Allen in VT. Talking to someone in LE, I was surprised to find that there was a chapter of one of NYC gangs in Burlington. He explained that the drug gangs are very mobile and establish chapters in cities along interstate highways.

So, it's no surprise that Chattanooga has farm teams of the gangs in Atlanta.

One of the issues with Chatty is, it's basically the shadow land of Atlanta. There is a ton of direct links.

Back
Top Bottom