• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chattanooga looking better every day

The Signal MT Murders was quite the case and was quite the story.
My oldest just relocated there, and i visited in june. did a ride up and over Signal Mtn on the mc and had a chuckle at the name of the town...who knew???

Loose anything Massachusetts or New England based on your vehicle. It’s also interesting how blue states seem to always make one get two license plates.

Most of us are conservatives and down south conservatives once they see those MA plates are going to instantly think your a Warren and Biden supporter.

Loose anything Massachusetts or New England based on your vehicle. It’s also interesting how blue states seem to always make one get two license plates.

Most of us are conservatives and down south conservatives once they see those MA plates are going to instantly think your a Warren and Biden supporter.
I hand out Trump swag and assure them that I always wipe my feet before entering their state to get the Marxist dirt off them. Then we discuss the permanent move and I reassure them that I’m not a pinko and I don’t want to change anything.

I have a lot of friends there now.

I hand out Trump swag and assure them that I always wipe my feet before entering their state to get the Marxist dirt off them. Then we discuss the permanent move and I reassure them that I’m not a pinko and I don’t want to change anything.

I have a lot of friends there now.
tbh, i do the same thing when i cross the nh border ...

Oh ok. I have found that certain places, Tennessee being one of them that there doesn’t tend to be a welcoming atmosphere where it’s all people that are born and raised there….

my experience moving back and forth between north and south is that they’re worried we are bringing Yankee baggage, diseases and ideas with us. Once they realize I make them look like a lib they usually warm right up.

I lived in a mostly northern enclave called Collegedale just outside of Chattanooga for a couple years. The city itself was a pit. I worked as a security guard at night after attending college in the daytime. Had a bunch of gang teens try to get initiated by shooting at me while I was walking between buildings at my job site. Fifteen holes in the bricks and water tank behind me but I didn't get hit. I moved back up here as soon as my school year was over.

My 26 yr old son moved to Tennessee 2 years ago, continued as a plumber down there and started his own business in January of this year, just hired his 2nd full time employee.
Other than the typical, "are you a liberal" comments, most people embrace the work ethics he and northeast folks have.
He is thanked daily for returning calls and doing the job correctly and proffesionally. Something that is def lacking from most of the locals.

Oh ok. I have found that certain places, Tennessee being one of them that there doesn’t tend to be a welcoming atmosphere where it’s all people that are born and raised there….
This is true. Some years ago, my BILs spring shop shut down in MA and moved to Tennessee.
He went down to help set them up while finding another job back home.
He mentioned that his family and two adopted Korean kids would have felt very uncomfortable living there.

About 10 years ago a friend worked for the TVA in Chattanooga. He lived in Cleveland, TN and said that it was much nicer than Chattanooga. At the time, Chattanooga had about the highest homicide rate per capita in the US. It probably hasn't gotten better since.

About 10 years ago a friend worked for the TVA in Chattanooga. He lived in Cleveland, TN and said that it was much nicer than Chattanooga. At the time, Chattanooga had about the highest homicide rate per capita in the US. It probably hasn't gotten better since.
I lived in Cleveland for a few months, then moved to Collegedale. Cleveland was much nicer place than Chattanooga, for sure, but much smaller too. Still had it's problems. Both my car AND my motorcycle were broken into or had things stolen off them about once a week when I lived there. Only bad thing about Collegedale was the constant smell of the Little Debbie bakery. Really sucked trying to sleep with the overpowering smell of baking cookies hitting you in the middle of the night sometimes.

The Chattanooga Choo Choo restaurant was quite nice, but that was 10 years ago. The hotel features regular rooms and train cars converted into rooms. We didn't stay there, unfortunately, because we had to continue on to Nashville.

Do you think that New Englanders are overly warm to new comers? New Englanders are snobs, ESPECIALLY to people from the south. Even so called conservatives up here look down on southerners as hicks, hayseeds, and red necks.

1. Check out hte choo-choo.

2. F them if they are that anti-everyone-else. Bunch of troglodytes.

Do you think that New Englanders are overly warm to new comers? New Englanders are snobs, ESPECIALLY to people from the south. Even so called conservatives up here look down on southerners as hicks, hayseeds, and red necks.

Yeah, it’s definitely two way.

A LOT of snobs up here. People who are accommodating and like to think they’re open minded, but then make fun of southerners and anybody in middle America behind their backs.

But, the south isn’t the beacon of warm welcomes they claim. There may be a lot of surface politeness, and they will be super friendly and accommodating if you’re vouched for by a local or a guest of a local. But in general, a good number of southerners are distrusting under the veneer of politeness.

I was very welcomed to my new home, but had to prove myself first. Can't blame anyone for not liking new englanders.

Lots of friends back home have disparaging things to say about Kentuckians. Mostly unfounded. If my neighbor and his 3 sons can shoot like annie oakley, rebuild a motor in their driveway and build an addition to their house in a week then they are NOT stupid.

Yeah, it’s definitely two way.

A LOT of snobs up here. People who are accommodating and like to think they’re open minded, but then make fun of southerners and anybody in middle America behind their backs.

But, the south isn’t the beacon of warm welcomes they claim. There may be a lot of surface politeness, and they will be super friendly and accommodating if you’re vouched for by a local or a guest of a local. But in general, a good number of southerners are distrusting under the veneer of politeness.

As they should be. You'd get exactly the same reactions moving into my tiny town in W Mass. We usually have more contact with New Yorkers, so different accent snobs.

hnOJb.jpg

Pretty much under the 'R' in 'HERE'.

I was very welcomed to my new home, but had to prove myself first. Can't blame anyone for not liking new englanders.

Lots of friends back home have disparaging things to say about Kentuckians. Mostly unfounded. If my neighbor and his 3 sons can shoot like annie oakley, rebuild a motor in their driveway and build an addition to their house in a week then they are NOT stupid.
If I move south (hope to) I’ll make sure my neighbors see the 5-6 large gun safes being unloaded from the moving trucks along with the pallets of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom