Channel 22 I-Team Report on Gun Loophole

If you are old enough to remember the 70's, your going to familiar with "We don't want your rifles, it's the handguns we want to ban" ... and one of the active group was that National Coalition to Ban Handguns.

If they get the AWs, the will be back for the handguns. It's only a matter of time.

Didn't we narrowly avoid a handgun ban in Mass years ago? Another thread shows they even want to go after muzzle loaders. Endgame = ban everything.

Didn't we narrowly avoid a handgun ban in Mass years ago? Another thread shows they even want to go after muzzle loaders. Endgame = ban everything.

1976... Pretty interesting read.

http://davekopel.org/2A/Mags/A1F/Against-all-odds.html

I wasn't around at the time due to being stationed at Ft. Bragg NC, but I remember hearing about it and had already acquired
a few handguns that I planned on bringing back when I ETS'd

Nicks sport shop, the gun shop featured in the video, put out a statement

Now that the dust has settled I would like to address all of the people who have posted a one star review of the store. First I believe the people that have given the store one star are not any of my customers and never had any intent to ever shop at the store. I would not even be surprised if these people are from the anti-gun groups to just hurt another gun shop sales. These people will stop at no cost to take our 2nd amendment away. I have noticed most of these people are not even from Western Mass! If you can make a judgment of the store from a 20 second spot you saw on the TV news you are more ignorant than I thought. There is always people who are bully's behind a keyboard. Feel free to stop by the store anytime to discuss guns and gun rights. I understand people have a right to bad mouth what I said on TV but don't judge the store based on that. My customers come to the store because we are honest, fair, and provide the BEST customer service to everyone that walks though that door. Everyone that knows me or the store knows I would never do anything to hurt the gun cause in this state. My point in the news story was to inform people that by taking away our AR's the AG has created a gun black market. I should have known that 22 news was not going to air the entire interview and yes that is my fault in hindsight. I shouldn't have done the interview. With that said I believe that is all I need to say on the subject and will not be getting into a Facebook post war with individuals. Thanks to all my loyal customers of Nicks Sport Shop!

https://www.facebook.com/nickssportshop/posts/953537244813028

If you are old enough to remember the 70's, your going to familiar with "We don't want your rifles, it's the handguns we want to ban" ... and one of the active group was that National Coalition to Ban Handguns.

If they get the AWs, the will be back for the handguns. It's only a matter of time.

Aren't they the Brady group or the VPC now. The NRA and other pro gun groups have had the same name since their inception but these gun control groups tend to change their name on a regular basis which demonstrates how dirty they are.

Nicks sport shop said:
"My point in the news story was to inform people that by taking away our AR's the AG has created a gun black market. I should have known that 22 news was not going to air the entire interview and yes that is my fault in hindsight. I shouldn't have done the interview. With that said I believe that is all I need to say on the subject and will not be getting into a Facebook post war with individuals."
Poor Mario. Another Massachusetts shop owner duped by the leftist anti-2A media. But this is what the media does. Everyone should know that by now. They don't care about your opinion or point... they only care about supporting the leftist gun-grabbing agenda. How many more times does this have to happen? [thinking]

That post shows a pretty amazing lack of understanding on commerce in today's world. When you're on the internet the world is your sales region, it doesn't matter if people "aren't even from western mass". Also FB "wars" only happen when you start posting idiotic, unnecessary responses with people and engage them. Then he goes full libtard "I'm the victim of bullying".

This guy should just STFU and lick his wounds in silence. He's only making it worse. You're not a victim of internet bullies. Your a victim of Darwinism by making stupid business decisions like letting that film crew use your shop.

That post shows a pretty amazing lack of understanding on commerce in today's world. When you're on the internet the world is your sales region, it doesn't matter if people "aren't even from western mass".
When you're a gun store in Massachusetts like Nicks Sport Shop, only MA is your sales region. Blame state law.

...making stupid business decisions like letting that film crew use your shop.
Has "working with" the media ever not ended badly for anybody in the firearms trade?

No. It doesn't.
Yeah always funny to see news reporting on intricacies of laws and loopholes unfamiliar with the terms they are using. A receiver isn't a gun at all, and no rifle or rifle component is a "firearm"

MGL c.140, s.121
''Firearm'', a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged and of which the length of the barrel or barrels is less than 16 inches or 18 inches in the case of a shotgun as originally manufactured; provided, however, that the term firearm shall not include any weapon that is: (i) constructed in a shape that does not resemble a handgun, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun including, but not limited to, covert weapons that resemble key-chains, pens, cigarette-lighters or cigarette-packages; or (ii) not detectable as a weapon or potential weapon by x-ray machines commonly used at airports or walk- through metal detectors.

When you're a gun store in Massachusetts like Nicks Sport Shop, only MA is your sales region. Blame state law.

[laugh] pretty much, although I do remember driving all the way to the western MA just to get an East German Mak. I don't remember if it was them or not, but I don't think that there are too many gun shops around there. I do remember dude being righteous about ******* anti-2as.

I think that most of the younger generation don't understand the people who grew up with vinyl records and rotary dials. I'm pretty positive that most of the old timers had to be dragged unto the inter-tubes.

So the big question is, does he share his 4473 with Mora?

Now that the dust has settled I would like to address all of the people who have posted a one star review of the store. First I believe the people that have given the store one star are not any of my customers and never had any intent to ever shop at the store. I would not even be surprised if these people are from the anti-gun groups to just hurt another gun shop sales. These people will stop at no cost to take our 2nd amendment away. I have noticed most of these people are not even from Western Mass! If you can make a judgment of the store from a 20 second spot you saw on the TV news you are more ignorant than I thought. There is always people who are bully's behind a keyboard. Feel free to stop by the store anytime to discuss guns and gun rights. I understand people have a right to bad mouth what I said on TV but don't judge the store based on that. My customers come to the store because we are honest, fair, and provide the BEST customer service to everyone that walks though that door. Everyone that knows me or the store knows I would never do anything to hurt the gun cause in this state. My point in the news story was to inform people that by taking away our AR's the AG has created a gun black market. I should have known that 22 news was not going to air the entire interview and yes that is my fault in hindsight. I shouldn't have done the interview. With that said I believe that is all I need to say on the subject and will not be getting into a Facebook post war with individuals. Thanks to all my loyal customers of Nicks Sport Shop!

https://www.facebook.com/nickssportshop/posts/953537244813028

The media once again proving they aren't your friend. This guy is a slow learner.

I can't blame him too much, other than for being too optimistic. I think gun shops who talk to the media want to be educational and represent "the cause" and they just don't fully understand the risk of their contribution being used out of context for a hit piece. Sometimes you do get a pro-gun article and the shop looks cool, but that's more the exception than the rule.

And then you have places like TGP who are trying to didgeridoo both their customers and ammo dealers.

That post shows a pretty amazing lack of understanding on commerce in today's world. When you're on the internet the world is your sales region, it doesn't matter if people "aren't even from western mass".
Yep. Actually, blame both state and federal law. [thinking] Outside the greater Boston area, traditional old time shops like Nick's (now in their second or third incarnation under a new owner) tend to be very locally/regionally focused and rather unsophisticated. At least Mario posts an inventory list (and keeps it updated) so that might draw in some traffic from outside Western MA, but probably not very much.

[laugh] pretty much, although I do remember driving all the way to the western MA just to get an East German Mak.
"All the way out to Western MA"? [rofl] OhMyGawd Boris! I hope the Indians didn't attack your wagon train! [laugh]

I rest my case. [grin]

DO NOT SPEAK TO THE MEDIA, EVER!

How ****ing hard is this? Why do gun shops continue to **** this up, even after the MFS debacle?

There are two reasons why most shops do this:

- They think that "this time it will be different" (never happens)
- To get free publicity for the shop

Very dumb and short-sighted but that is usually the reasons.

"All the way out to Western MA"? [rofl] OhMyGawd Boris! I hope the Indians didn't attack your wagon train! [laugh]

I rest my case. [grin]

No but I did hear that Boris had to use a sword made from a shovel to defend himself against a dragon on his way out there. [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

There are two reasons why most shops do this:

- They think that "this time it will be different" (never happens)
- To get free publicity for the shop

Very dumb and short-sighted but that is usually the reasons.

I'd go so far as reversing the order of those two things; I think most are unaware of the hatchet jobs that happen; and I also think that many of them get told one thing, and another
thing happens. Gun people (whether its enthusiats or shops) should never trust the media without a lawyer being involved.

I think the other problem is the allure of a minute or two of free advertising is a "seductive" thing to some of these businesses. To the point where they're too busy getting lathered up at the prospect of getting free shit" vs any potential pitfalls. They're too busy thinking "ZOMG thats like 30K worth of advertising!!" or something... or maybe more.

-Mike

I rest my case. [grin]

At least he drove out there. There are a bunch of wimps around here that shit their pants at the prospect of driving past the 495 loop...

Wimpy95LooperKehd: "WAAAAH I DON WANNA PAY $700 for a GWOCK 36!"
Me: "Hey dude theres this nice ad here, and here, for G36s for $450.00 . This guys been bumping them for 2 months, you could probably get one easily."
Wimpy95LooperKEHD: "OH MY GAWD THATS WAY OUT IN WESTERN MASS!!!!! I DONT WANNA DRIVE DAT FAR!!!! I COULD DIE!!!! "

[rofl]

(when you read out wimpys lines, think of Peter's voice here... )

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was working there were times when we sent out a written press release notice to the media about new programs and such.

In 30 years they never once got it right. There was always something wrong with the coverage. This was after giving them a type written document with the details. I'm not talking about partial coverage or cherry picking. That's a given. I'm talking about getting something flat azz wrong that was provided to them on a type written document. It was absolutely unbelievable. Boggles the mind.

Bob

Now that the dust has settled I would like to address all of the people who have posted a one star review of the store. First I believe the people that have given the store one star are not any of my customers and never had any intent to ever shop at the store. I would not even be surprised if these people are from the anti-gun groups to just hurt another gun shop sales. //
Fair commentary.

I offer this simple example. From the Dilbert Principle by Scott Adams. I think all of us should keep it in mind - always.

The power of the media

You say: “Our company is skilled in many other things that are never reported by thebiased media.”

Media selectively quotes you as:

Our company is skilled in many other things that are never reported by the biased media.”

Interestingly enough, i went to order more tannerite.. you now need a amazon business acount to order from amazon.so now you have to order 3rd party amazon.
Interestingly enough, amazon has impeccable order history results but conveniently has no record of me ordering tannerite supplies directly from amazon.

I just ordered 157.5 labs of tannerite, when will we close the tannerite loophole?

Back
Top Bottom