• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

change of adress question.

my parents are divorced. ( I have two legal homes) JUST registerd to vote at my MOMS house

-I have a FID from my DADS TOWN.

- I will be applying for my LTC in my MOMS TOWN in order to work as a voulenteer auxiliary police in that town.

should i change my FID adress to my MOMS TOWN and then apply for my LTC in that town as well, as planned? or just apply for my LTC in my moms town and leave my fid in my dads town.... would they notice that one person had a lisence in 2 homes?

(once i get my ltc in my moms town i will have to change my adress AGAIN because i have a condo the next town over that i will be living at while commuting to school)

any sugestions? because i will have 3 "homes" sooo im a little confused and unsure how strict they are on adresses

Thanks for all advice!

my parents are divorced. ( I have two legal homes) JUST registerd to vote at my MOMS house

-I have a FID from my DADS TOWN.

- I will be applying for my LTC in my MOMS TOWN in order to work as a voulenteer auxiliary police in that town.

should i change my FID adress to my MOMS TOWN and then apply for my LTC in that town as well, as planned? or just apply for my LTC in my moms town and leave my fid in my dads town.... would they notice that one person had a lisence in 2 homes?

(once i get my ltc in my moms town i will have to change my adress AGAIN because i have a condo the next town over that i will be living at while commuting to school)

any sugestions? because i will have 3 "homes" sooo im a little confused and unsure how strict they are on adresses

Thanks for all advice!

You cannot have two residences. You need to choose one. Your school address would be considered temporary except I suppose if you moved your stuff in as well as begin using it as your delivery, billing, and mailing address. IANAL but maybe one of the experts can chime in as to what the legal elements are for residence.

If I could have rented a closet from anybody in North Attleboro and called that my residence, I would have because it's a green town. But that would have been a real bad and easily detectable case of fraud.

I talked to the sgt in my moms town and he told me about the aux police and to join...

i have a fid in my dads town but if i do this police thing, i def wont have a problem getting my ltc because i would NEED it.

maybe ill just switch my FID to my moms town and then get my LTC in my moms town too and then switch them both afterwards to my condo.

(i need a "residency" in my moms town to do the police thing. so i can apply using my moms house then after i get it change it to my condo the next town over.)

this is a good plan i think.[grin] I just did all the paper work for this first change.

*i guess i worked it out by posting it, thanks guys for "listening" hahaha*

Last edited:
You need to consult a lawyer. Only one of the three is your legal residence: you have no clue as to which it is, and figuring that out would require a bit of research and analysis based on a detailed factual debrief. That can't be done on a discussion board.

However, please understand that you do not have a simple choice; you cannot just say, OK, my residence is X today because I choose it to be.

By definition, by applying for an FID at one location, you have already made a legal representation (subject to the perjury statute) that that location is your residence, a representation that may or may not have been correct. I'd consult counsel before making any further (and inconsistent) representations.

yeah, its a confusing situation i got here, i should have just got it at my moms in the first place..i went to highschool (and spent most my time there) and the sumers at my dads where i applied there..... but i mailed out the change of address notifications today, to my moms house where i registerd to vote from and the address that is stated on my lisence is.

yeah, its a confusing situation i got here, i should have just got it at my moms in the first place..i went to highschool (and spent most my time there) and the sumers at my dads where i applied there..... but i mailed out the change of address notifications today, to my moms house where i registerd to vote from and the address that is stated on my lisence is.

then IMHO that is now your permanent residence. Your moms town is your new digs!

Back
Top Bottom