CETME Parts Kits -- Update 11/25

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
So I get an email yesterday from one of the dealers that does online sales. I purchased a box of Mosin Nagant slings from them last year.

Anyway, they now have parts kits for CETME Model C in .308 and Model L in 5.56. The model C would have wood stock and handguard, and the L is more recent with polymer.

Receivers are not included.

So I did get the parts kit in. Everything looks complete. Went with the C and the wood stock and handguard are in good condition. Lots of cosmoline.

Shipping was FAST.

I won't get moving with rebuilding this until next year. I have a bunch of other projects I want to get moving on first.

Last edited:
99% of kits come with full-auto parts
possession of FA parts alone is not an issue.
you are not running into 'constructive possession' problems until you have a functioning firearm or part of one that is readily able to be assembled into machine gun.
I.e. having a completed CETME upper receiver that has not been modified with semi-auto shelf (FA clip-on hole still present) while simultaneously possessing FA lower receiver.
that is my understanding of it although IANAL

as soon as your receiver has semi-auto shelf installed you can no longer clip on FA lower. although ATF still wants you to modify your FA lower to not have FA sear in it.

also apex has had those CETME kits for a few month now.

you are god to go to build 308 gun, parts and receiver flats are plentiful
however 223 cetme L receivers do not really exist as of moment. if you buy L you would have to wait some time until those flats or receiver become available. ot you can always build receiver from scratch youtself.

Last edited:
So I get an email yesterday from one of the dealers that does online sales. I purchased a box of Mosin Nagant slings from them last year.

Anyway, they now have parts kits for CETME Model C in .308 and Model L in 5.56. At least that's what the dealer is calling them. The model C would have wood stock and handguard, and the L is more recent with polymer.

Receivers are not included.

The prices look good to me, but here's the rub. These parts kits contain full auto parts.

So my question is, and I suspect I already know the answer, someone would probably have to already have a tax stamp to be able to order a parts kit, since the sear is part of the kit, right? Even if someone planned to convert it to semi-auto, right?

The vintage model is so darned good looking, but I suspect I'm SOL for the time being even if I were in NH.

Usually the price is a giveaway to it being a transferable NFA item. I'm not 100% sure. But if it comes with the full auto trigger/sear group it won't work in the "civilian" receiver.
I don't know if trigger groups can are actually registered as nfa pre 1986 or not.

Generally if it's a NFA issue it's well stated in the description.

A transferable cetme G3 ,91 or what have you will run 15k or so?

Last edited:
CETME Parts Kits

I wanted the 555 kit, but the only person selling a flat or 100% receiver right now is linked to prexis . **** prexis .
[video=youtube_share;ZCClmomWc90]http://youtu.be/ZCClmomWc90[/video]

I'd love to get one of these kits , but god damn car insurance renewal

I wanted the 555 kit, but the only person selling a flat or 100% receiver right now is linked to prexis . **** prexis .
[video=youtube_share;ZCClmomWc90]http://youtu.be/ZCClmomWc90[/video]

I'd love to get one of these kits , but god damn car insurance renewal

that flat didn't look that great. maybe at first glance, but once Boris and I examined it in detail we found multiple issues with it. it will do but if you buy it expect to do multiple modifications and shit-load of tweaking before it's even close to workable. they would have been much better off duing two separate sides and then spot welded along the top. But i can see how it would be almost double the work and tooling for them/him and therefore less attractive. let's just hope it won't take 3-4 years for someone to come up with good flats for Ls

Back
Top Bottom