CERTIFIED CONCEALED CARRY TRAINING COURSE???

Hey all, my town requires that you show proof of attending a CERTIFIED CONCEALED CARRY TRAINING COURSE if applying for an LTC-A no restrictions. Just what exactly is this class and who offers them. From what I've been able to find so far, they seem to be more of a TACTICAL training type of thing which seems a bit over the top for getting an LTC.[hmmm]

Thanks,
~Bill

Hey all, my town requires that you show proof of attending a CERTIFIED CONCEALED CARRY TRAINING COURSE if applying for an LTC-A no restrictions. Just what exactly is this class and who offers them. From what I've been able to find so far, they seem to be more of a TACTICAL training type of thing which seems a bit over the top for getting an LTC.[hmmm]

Thanks,
~Bill

Certified by whom? As far as I know Massachusetts doesn't certify concealed carry courses. They certify (technically approve) "Basic Firearms Safety" courses only.

Here's a list of MA approved firearms safety courses:
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopster...oved_basic_firearms_safety_courses&csid=Eeops

Of those, "SIG Arms Concealed Carry Pistol Course" (LTC-012) is the only one that I know of that specifically focuses on concealed carry.

Of course a concealed carry course isn't actually a legal requirement as far as the state is concerned. Sounds like your chief is adding additional requirements....

Last edited:
I know what you're saying Jason. That's why I started this thread. It really has me a bit confused. From what I've read about the Sig course, I'm not sure if I could even do it. It sounds very physical and I have a back that can't exactly handle something like that.[hmmm]

I know what you're saying Jason. That's why I started this thread. It really has me a bit confused. From what I've read about the Sig course, I'm not sure if I could even do it. It sounds very physical and I have a back that can't exactly handle something like that.[hmmm]

I would be happy to provide you with a required "Approved Basic Firearms Safety Course," but I don't know if it would meet your local requirements. (I use the NRA lesson plans.) You might want to ping one of the NES lawyers to see what they have to say. Sounds like some BS to me.

Don't Scrivener and Jesse Cohen have threads where they're asking about this very bullshit? I'd send them both a PM or find the threads and reply to them, Bill.

Jesse is already aware of what I'm going through.[wink] I'm just trying to find out what/where this course can be taken/found. I've also left a msg with J. Green at GOAL.[wink]

Last edited:
I would be happy to provide you with a required "Approved Basic Firearms Safety Course," but I don't know if it would meet your local requirements. (I use the NRA lesson plans.) You might want to ping one of the NES lawyers to see what they have to say. Sounds like some BS to me.

Thanks Jason[wink]

Interesting twist on denying people of their Constituitional rights:
Require them to take a course which does not exist. [thinking]

After all its just a "Reasonable restriction" isn't it ? [rolleyes]

Jesse is already aware of what I'm going through.[wink] I'm just trying to find out what/where this course can be taken/found. I've also left a msg with J. Green out GOAL.[wink]

I bet your police department handily has some officers who teach this course on the side. )-:

What town, Bill?

That's bull sh!t Bill. They're trying to dick you around. Do you have a link to their website or something where this requirement is posted?

Jesse is already aware of what I'm going through.[wink] I'm just trying to find out what/where this course can be taken/found. I've also left a msg with J. Green out GOAL.[wink]

My ears started ringing. I was sure it was from the 50BMG rounds I fired yesterday and today and then I checked this thread.

Go H2259!

Until then.....The CLEO makes the decisions about restrictions.

Shoot me a pm with your tel # Bill. I'll ring you tomorrow.

Sounds like illegal bullshit to me. I like when the CLEO's do this idiot power hungry bullshit. They keep it up they are going to lose their discretion.

Sounds like illegal bullshit to me. I like when the CLEO's do this idiot power hungry bullshit. They keep it up they are going to lose their discretion.

I'm pretty sure that's why Chief Glidden put out that letter to all the chiefs about how they shouldn't be doing things like that. Supposedly the policy is changing here (because of that letter) but until there's proof of it...[thinking]

Why oh why didn't I buy a house 5 mins north of here?[sad] I know why, because at the time my interest in firearms hadn't been re-kindled yet. Oh well, live & learn.

Why oh why didn't I buy a house 5 mins north of here?[sad] I know why, because at the time my interest in firearms hadn't been re-kindled yet. Oh well, live & learn.

You are not the only one that feels like they made that mistake.

Last edited:

I know this is an old thread, but if the OP really wants to take a course a Sig then give them a call and talk to the instructor about your physical limitations. The instructors I've met there are great guys and I bet they'd be willing to accommodate your needs.

Back
Top Bottom