• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW in Texas

You need to actually read PC 30.06 and use the critiera in it to see if the sign is legal or not.

If the sign does not meet the criteria set out in PC 30.06, it is NOT legal and NOT binding, and you can safely ignore it. The sign must obey the metrics set forth in the law and must be posted at every public entrance.

A huge number of posted establishments in TX have signage which is NOT in compliance with the law, which makes the whole thing particularly hilarious.

-Mike

Free Willie, when did that change?

"If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder’s person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder’s driver’s license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder’s handgun license. So basically if the LEO asks for your ID, go ahead and give him both."

If he doesn't ask for ID then you don't need to disclose. I always disclose, regardless. In the past the burden was on you to disclose. The burden is now on the State to ask.

"If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder’s person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder’s driver’s license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder’s handgun license. So basically if the LEO asks for your ID, go ahead and give him both."

If he doesn't ask for ID then you don't need to disclose. I always disclose, regardless. In the past the burden was on you to disclose. The burden is now on the State to ask.

Thanks. I'd probably disclose down there anyway, but it's good to know it's optional.

As of 2009 (IIRC), the penalty for failure to notify was eliminated. The requirement still exists, but there's no penalty for not notifying.

This is because someone carrying unlicensed in their car (legally) has no obligation to inform.

Back
Top Bottom