• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCF Race Frame?

The CCF frame is a serial-numbered part. So you'll have to buy one just like you'd buy a gun. The tough part may be finding a dealer who will transfer one to you.

Once you transfer the parts, you'll need to file an FA-10 for the new frame #. You might also want to have the old frame destroyed by an FFL and recorded as such.

Once you transfer the parts, you'll need to file an FA-10 for the new frame #. You might also want to have the old frame destroyed by an FFL and recorded as such.

Unless there is something seriously wrong with the old frame, I say keep it and get an Advantage Arms 22 kit, and make yourself a dedicated plinker/practice gun...

--EasyD

Unless there is something seriously wrong with the old frame, I say keep it and get an Advantage Arms 22 kit, and make yourself a dedicated plinker/practice gun...

As the OP expressly said "broken frame" as the reason for getting the CCF one, I would guess there is indeed "something seriously wrong with the old frame"....

Thanks for all the responses. The frame is cracked to the point, I do not feel right shooting it any more. I talked to Glock and they stated,they would have to find a old Generation frame to replace it with. They had an issue with replacing my frame with a current frame because of MA laws. I have not pushed them on the issue though. Just wanted to see if this route, might be an option.

Its actually easy to get frames in mass. If your dealer wont buy a frame get a new dealer. Frames are nothing but a gun part and is not considered a firearm. I have purchased several frames in mass and never had a problem . When i couldnt get a target .45 that i liked i built one on a caspian frame. I have since bought 3 more 45 frames for several projects im working on.You will have to fill out a FA-10 when the gun is finished but that is no big deal . Good Luck with your glock.

Back
Top Bottom