Caught a Whoppa Rainbow Trout

I caught this Rainbow three weeks ago in a Massachusetts Lake. It weighed 4 1/2 lbs on my BOGA grip, didn't have my measuring tape but it appeared to be around 22 or 23". When I finally landed it I noticed that it had been hooked already but had broken the line. I was able to snip the other persons line real close but the hook was too deep to remove. It was released after the picture, swam away like a champ.
It looked to be a hold over due to the bright red cheek plates and amazing lateral colors, but who knows.
What a fighter it was.

Last edited:
Rainbow trout

Nice catch. I think I would have been tempted to keep and weigh it in, as that is a MA State pin fish, no? Again, congrats!

Awesome!

Few and far between.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Nice catch. I think I would have been tempted to keep and weigh it in, as that is a MA State pin fish, no? Again, congrats!

The State will give you a pin for a 3lb trout. I spoke with them and I have to fill out a form and submit a picture, I am going to do it real soon. I have caught many fish that would have qualified but I always release them, except for an occasional Salmon [smile]

Great fish. I wouldn't dare ask where you caught it, but what did you catch it on?

I caught it on trout crack A.K.A. Powerbait, I know I know....I have not used it in a long time and all I can say is wow, they must have increased the scent or something because this stuff works amazing.
I went back there last sunday and caught 5 rainbows in 45 minutes, almong with a 3lb largemouth and a smaller LM.
Good times.

Tight Lines to All,

-op

Back
Top Bottom