Cat fishing tips needed.

All of my fishing experience is bass fishing, and my old lady's cousins want me to enter a catfish derby next month. They are good at it but id like to be able to bring something to the table. Let me here some techniques and tricks. Thanks in advance.

Caught a nice 11-12 lber completely on accident while striper fishing the other night..

I'm gonna try to fish in the same tournament next month. First time here too. Should be fun.

Bottom fish. Same rig that most guys use for trout.....put a slip sinker on the line, tie on a swivel, tie a short leader to the swivel, then a circle hook of some kind (catfish have soft mouths so circle hooks work great), then bait with just about anything like oatmeal balls, powerbait, worms, spoiled meat.

Hell I got a catfish while ice fishing a local pond a few years back on a dead shiner set a foot off the bottom.

"A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances."

Manti Te'o, a football player for Notre Dame, fell in love with some girl over Facebook and the phone and it turned out she never existed. Sorry bad joke.

"A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances."

Manti Te'o, a football player for Notre Dame, fell in love with some girl over Facebook and the phone and it turned out she never existed. Sorry bad joke.

Here I was, thinking it was a Chinese restaurant someplace... [rofl2]

Buy some liver and let it sit out and spoil, or some cheese and let it gt really ripe and stink. Catfish like that. Uses that on trot line when I lived in the midwest. Fried catfish and hushpuppies, oh so good!!

Poking a bunch of holes in a cat food can (smelliest kind you know of) and sinking it the morning before you go out will usually draw them to the area you're looking to fish. Bad for the environment, I know.... But works. Use liver as bait, or dead/alive shiners. I usually can catch 4-5 an hour this way.

Back
Top Bottom