Carrying in conservation lands

doobie

Banned
So I was hiking around Lake Massabesic (the section off 28) the other day and noticed they have 'No Hunting or Firearms Permitted' per order of so and so (I think it was N.H. Department of Fish and Game, and something board of water/watershed or something). Would these signs hold any value if I were carrying or is it the normal NH: "if you are asked to leave and you don't, it's trespassing."

So I was hiking around Lake Massabesic (the section off 28) the other day and noticed they have 'No Hunting or Firearms Permitted' per order of so and so (I think it was N.H. Department of Fish and Game, and something board of water/watershed or something). Would these signs hold any value if I were carrying or is it the normal NH: "if you are asked to leave and you don't, it's trespassing."
Is that Bear Brook Refuge perhaps you went into? It's set as a wildlife refuge by the state. It would be an interesting test case how that restriction on firearms would play out with RSA 159, especially with a license holder, but even for open carry. My Short Answer: I don't know, but you're not talking about private property, so I don't think the signage/trespass issue comes into play. I'd think it would be a state actor - and I don't know how that would play out.

Pro-Gun NH (http://www.pgnh.org) is supposedly always looking for this kind of question/issue. You might want to pose it to them as they have a NH attorney on the board (Evan Nappen), I believe.

Is that Bear Brook Refuge perhaps you went into? It's set as a wildlife refuge by the state. It would be an interesting test case how that restriction on firearms would play out with RSA 159, especially with a license holder, but even for open carry. My Short Answer: I don't know, but you're not talking about private property, so I don't think the signage/trespass issue comes into play. I'd think it would be a state actor - and I don't know how that would play out.

Pro-Gun NH (http://www.pgnh.org) is supposedly always looking for this kind of question/issue. You might want to pose it to them as they have a NH attorney on the board (Evan Nappen), I believe.

Nope, wasn't Bear Brook Refuge. I'm trying to think of the name, but I can't recall what it is. It's an area on 28-A.

I use this area a lot as I live right down the street. It runs along both sides of Bypass 28 that runs thru Auburn and Manchester NH. It is land managed by the Manchester Water District and the Audubon Society and some land now being place in a public trust. There is a sign that states no hunting and no firearms. However I CCW whenever I am using this area.

Back
Top Bottom