Carry in Bar/Restaurant in NH Legal?

Sorry. I can't find it. I have been trying to use the search option and I get too many non relevant answers.

Can I cc in NH in an establishment that serves alcohol?

You absolutely can.

There are very few places where you cannot carry in NH. A courthouse is about the only one I can think of.

Great Buffet in Manchester (across from the mall) has (had?) a sign - so don't eat there.

If they HAVE the sign still existing I agree don't eat. IF they have changed their policy to allow it now all the better and Eat up.

Last edited:
You absolutely can.

There are very few places where you cannot carry in NH. A courthouse is about the only one I can think of.

This. [STRIKE]Also K-12 schools but that is also federal law (though I believe it is also in the sate law as well). [/STRIKE] Technically you can even carry in the statehouse. It is only against statehouse rules (statutes only say courts [STRIKE]and I believe K-12 schools[/STRIKE]). I do not recall ever seeing that NH has a signage law like TX does.

Also while NH does not make it illegal to drink alcohol while CCing, I do not recommend imbibing while CCing.

Last edited:
This. Also K-12 schools but that is also federal law (though I believe it is also in the sate law as well). Technically you can even carry in the statehouse. It is only against statehouse rules (statutes only say courts and I believe K-12 schools). I do not recall ever seeing that NH has a signage law like TX does.

No, there are no school prohibitions, either, state or federal.

No, there are no school prohibitions, either, state or federal.

Well, at least for K-12 schools, this is a subject of debate. It depends on whether you believe the Federal GFSZ is still legally valid or not after US V Lopez. The problem is the NH CCW doesn't pass muster under the provisions in GFSZ act, but I just can't see a federal prosecutor getting excited over making a very thin attempt to prosecute a person with a CCW who was carrying in a school. The "tests" established in US v Lopez make such convictions considerably more thorny, IMO.

See Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act_of_1990

US v Lopez:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Lopez

-Mike

Last edited:
thanks all. went to dinner at the Holy Grail in Epping tonight with the family and brother's family. our day at Canobie got cancelled since there were storms threatening.

Back
Top Bottom