• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canning class: Interest thread

The canning of veggies will be covered by the section on water bath canning which does not require a pressure canner / cooker.

At this time the class is still at least six weeks out due to personal obligations.

Not sure if it's been asked yet, but what advantages does canning have over Mylar bags in a food grade bucket w/lid? Talking about dry goods, specifically.

Not sure if it's been asked yet, but what advantages does canning have over Mylar bags in a food grade bucket w/lid? Talking about dry goods, specifically.

Canning is geared more toward things like preserving meat and vegetables. "wet" items will not store well in mylar bags. Venison or things from the garden etc...

Very interested but would really like to know what town you plan on doing this. I am not gonna drive a couple hours and sit through 6+ hours of stuff and drive home so I will want to find a hotel to put my boots up at the end of the day.

Hope all is going well with the renovations, Twigg & overtime isn't such bad thing. Once you & the missus are all set...looks like there's a bunch of us that would love to learn (more) from you & her.

Thanks folks.
We are in the middle of some much needed improvements to our humble abode as this was supposed to me a temporary stop on our move further north. Now it's looking like we are going to be here for a bit longer. As with many older homes when you attempt to fix one thing you find two other things needing repair.

Thanks folks.
We are in the middle of some much needed improvements to our humble abode as this was supposed to me a temporary stop on our move further north. Now it's looking like we are going to be here for a bit longer. As with many older homes when you attempt to fix one thing you find two other things needing repair.

Amen--we're living this nightmare too Twigg...hang in!

Thanks folks.

I understand this all too well! Good luck, Dennis!

Back
Top Bottom