**CANCELLED** Harvard Rifle Match, 10/29

Harvard is having a rifle match on 10/29. Who's going to dust off the long guns and go have some fun? It's a free weekend as far as USPSA matches in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to be there. I got bitten by the long-gun bug at the area 7 3-gun championship. Who knew running around blasting targets with an AR cold be so much fun.

Awesome. Doesn't seem to be any info about the match on the harvard or harvard action shooter site. Can anybody let me know what I should show up with?

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2004RifleRulesFinal.pdf

These are the USPSA rifle rules.

If I were going (I hope I can) I would have my AR with optic, 500 rounds of ammo (you never have enough) spare mags (20 and 30 round and one a little larger [grin]) spare mag holder for belt, chamber flag, comfortable shoes good for running, match fee ($20 I think but not sure) Spare cash for lunch (Those steak tip subs are great) Rain gear if needed.

That is all I can think of right now

I will definately be there. I'm going to put a dot on my rifle and shoot open. I can't wait to run around with the rifle again. Talk about having fun.

All you guys out there with AR's or any rifle dust them off and bring them out. Even if you've never shot USPSA/IPSC or IDPA or anything. Bring out the long guns, run around, and shoot things and have fun!!!! (while being safe of course)

Pete

2 cases should do it Dan [smile] Have fun and shoot some for me.

Gary

PS: I think last year it was like 300 rounds and they used the big range for one stage.

Gary,
300 rounds sounds like something Dan would put together! The misses will be your share.
On another note, I saw that Bass River is having a shotgun only match in December. I'll have to give some thought about doing that one. The traffic on the return won't be so bad.

300 rounds! I have an AK and that sounds like it would pulverize my shoulder. I only approach 100 rounds at the range.

Gary,
300 rounds sounds like something Dan would put together! The misses will be your share.
On another note, I saw that Bass River is having a shotgun only match in December. I'll have to give some thought about doing that one. The traffic on the return won't be so bad.

Cmon down, traffic is light. I'll be the guy walking through the COF [smile] If I am going slow, I just may shoot the 870

HAS is just a bit fried after running the Area 7 3-Gun match, the Cops-4-Kids match, and a 150-round monthly-match in the span of 4 weeks. So we have to confess, the rifle match is going to be a bit less than past years. We're looking at 3 run-n-gun stages and one 200/300 yard stage. The round count will likely be in the vicinity of 130. The fee will be the usual 20 bucks, so it'll still be worth the price of admission; you just might not be quite as worn out as you've come to expect. I hope everyone can still come out to play.

Dan,
Thanks for the round count/information. About 130 sounds like a good number of rounds. Are the magnets going to be present? Not that any of that steel core ammo even gets close to any of my AR's, I was wondering if any steel will be in the match.
Maybe Mr 9x21 will take out one of his other toys and come play. :)

Dan,
Thanks for the round count/information. About 130 sounds like a good number of rounds. Are the magnets going to be present? Not that any of that steel core ammo even gets close to any of my AR's, I was wondering if any steel will be in the match.
Maybe Mr 9x21 will take out one of his other toys and come play. :)

Yes, we'll have steel at 2 of the stages, including the 200/300 stage. We expect that the 200/300 stage will be a bit more fun than at the Area match because we may bend the rules just a tad. And accordingly, the magnets will be sniffing around.

Dan
It seemed kind of humorous having my Nosler Ballistic Tip handloads being checked by a magnet. By bending the rules, you mean it's going to be like it was originally designed?
I also have contact info for the 1/2 scale targets, if you're interested for a non sanctioned match.

Dan,

I will most certainly be there. Can't decide if I am going to go with the AK, M14, or the AR.

Any choice will be fun I am sure.

-M

roughly what are the size of the plates at 200/300 yards? I have issues hitting 6" plates at 300 yards with my FAL with ball ammo and iron sights...

also does the match have a 'he-man' or heavy metal class?

thanks,
atek3

At the Area 7 3 gun, they were 8" plates at 200, poppers with strobes at 300. This doesn't mean that's what's going to be there on Sunday.

Hey Folks !! don't forget about the time change this Sat/Sun [wink]

(usually the only match I'm on time for are the one's that fall on this day [rolleyes] )

Times for the match?

Does anyone have the start/end times for this competition. I'm an HSC member and now can't find my latest newsletter. This sounds like fun and I'd really like to go and spectate the match!

Thanks,
Ted

I'm on a break from matches for a few weeks, not from my back but because my wife and I are moving into our new house. I just got in from PT for my back a minute ago. It is improving but still bothers me at times, I think Matt is about the same.

Steve,
I hope the two of you heal up. I plan on going to the November Manville match. I have something for Mr 9x21.
Good luck with the new house.

The rifle match scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled. The pits are already under water preventing set-up. Pass on the word to anyone you know who was planning on attending.

Back
Top Bottom